• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mega chilled client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Wrong end of cymru mun
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Indeed. And a reason why people get pigeon holed in to PS and can find it hard getting back in to private sector gigs.
      Tis good experience though. Some decent stuff here.

To be honest, last gig was public sector too. It wasnt that bad but could be a hectic.

To be honest, Im too old to be working my nuts off doing 15 hour days anyway. Not interested in that.

My aims these days are interesting work, decent people, minimal stress, close to home.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Tis good experience though. Some decent stuff here.

To be honest, last gig was public sector too. It wasnt that bad but could be a hectic.

To be honest, Im too old to be working my nuts off doing 15 hour days anyway. Not interested in that.

My aims these days are interesting work, decent people, minimal stress, close to home.
        How that IR35 works ? Do you still have limited? Are funds that you received within limited or already pocketed? Do they charge you some tax upfront or pay after a year ?
        Last edited by diseasex; 13 April 2017, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          How that IR35 works ? Do you still have limited? Are funds that you received within limited or already pocketed? Do they charge you some tax upfront or pay after a year ?
          I still have ltd but are going through an umbrella (for now). So its done weekly PAYE.

I was hoping to stay ltd but agency won't do the payroll and will only do this if you pay another company to do the payroll. It was just too much hassle.

Of course, employers NI, and plenty of tax and NI. BUT, client added £100 to the rate to compensate....

So at the moment, the government is giving me an extra £100 a day and then taking it back off me in tax.
          Pointless.

Comment

I still have ltd but are going through an umbrella (for now). So its done weekly PAYE.

I was hoping to stay ltd but agency won't do the payroll and will only do this if you pay another company to do the payroll. It was just too much hassle.

Of course, employers NI, and plenty of tax and NI. BUT, client added £100 to the rate to compensate....

So at the moment, the government is giving me an extra £100 a day and then taking it back off me in tax.
            Pointless
            Really is a sham isn't it.

Still, looks like market forces do indeed drive a market
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Nuts thing is apparently someone at the client did the HMRC tool and put the wrong answers for one/two of the questions.

If they'd been cleverer or wiser they could have saved themselves a fortune. After all, cut my rate by £50 and tell me its now inside IR35 and I'll be over the moon. Everyones happy....

Fully expect that will happen at some point...

Comment

Nuts thing is apparently someone at the client did the HMRC tool and put the wrong answers for one/two of the questions.

If they'd been cleverer or wiser they could have saved themselves a fortune. After all, cut my rate by £50 and tell me its now inside IR35 and I'll be over the moon. Everyones happy....

Fully expect that will happen at some point...

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's just moving money from one pocket to another. They just taxed local councils further the way I see it...

Comment

Pointless.
                    Maybe not if they plan to extend it to the private sector, whether or not private clients up their rates
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Of course, one drawback of this type of client is that they aren't in any rush at all to get me doing anything. Does my chunk in after a bit mind. Theres only so much documentation etc you can read.

Saying that I've been at clients where its taken a week to get a PC/login/desk so I cant complain too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X