• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Brexit Exodus from Britain ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Says the guy who failed his medical for the Brownies!!

Pretty sure I'm miles fitter than you at the mo, lardass.
    Just FYI, speeding to the Tesco doughnut counter at double-speed on your scooter doesn't count as exercise.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Pretty sure I'm miles fitter than you at the mo, lardass.
      Just FYI, speeding to the Tesco doughnut counter at double-speed on your scooter doesn't count as exercise.
      Making wild unverifiable assumptions about someone you have never met does not increase your stamina or strength one iota.

Nor does it improve your physique, nor diminish mine.

But if it makes you feel better about your weedy frame to fantasize about some alternative universe in which you are not roundly scorned for being a thin yoghurt, then please, do carry on.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        so lots of people who arrived since 2004 decide to go home and the UK will fall apart?

Ok makes sense, so glad the ex spurts are here.

Maybe this is why tax take is down?

How EU migrants avoid tax in UK - Telegraph
        Social security (e.g. National Insurance) in the UK is one of the lowest in the EU. The Social Security rate in Romania is 39.95%, quite a bit higher than in the UK, but a good portion of it goes towards state pension (everybody has their own individual state pension account) and state pension payouts are far higher than in the UK.

Income tax is a few percent lower than in the UK but not much, and they can't escape paying UK income tax anyway unless they only work in the UK for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Nope - its the educated UK Remainers, who by and large are the movers and shakers you should be worring about.
          Not all will be able to move, some will have no choice but to leave (as they get transferred abroad) and some who don't like what the UK is becoming will leave voluntarily.
          One parent at the lad's school told me "the social contract whereby I paid loads of tax to prop up the country is over, its every man for himself".
          He's moving his business to Europe - I know several other people doing that.
          I know a few small business owners who used to serve all of the EU from the UK. They are now setting up new companies elsewhere in the EU to keep serving EU customers. All but one is keeping their UK company, but only as a regional subsidiary to serve the UK itself.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
            Social security (e.g. National Insurance) in the UK is one of the lowest in the EU. The Social Security rate in Romania is 39.95%, quite a bit higher than in the UK, but a good portion of it goes towards state pension (everybody has their own individual state pension account) and state pension payouts are far higher than in the UK. Income tax is a few percent lower than in the UK but not much, and they can't escape paying UK income tax anyway unless they only work in the UK for a few months.
            "Individual Income Tax: Romania's individual income tax rates for 2015 are flat at 16%..
            Corporate Tax: Romania's corporate tax rate for 2015 is 16% too.
            Capital Gains: Capital gains of companies and individuals are taxed at 16%. For individuals the tax rate for gain from sale of real estate is 1%-3%. "

Source: Romania Tax Laws Tax System ,Romania Deduction of Tax at Source, Romania Tax Deductions

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
              I know a few small business owners who used to serve all of the EU from the UK. They are now setting up new companies elsewhere in the EU to keep serving EU customers. All but one is keeping their UK company, but only as a regional subsidiary to serve the UK itself.
              SKA Ltd earns 80% from exports, I am just about had enough of Tory Scum tax tulipe.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                The EU army was denied as were a number of other things.
                No it wasn't. Remember that Ireland voted twice on the Lisbon treaty? British media reported about it that Ireland was forced to vote again and again until they came up with the right answer.

Ireland initially rejected the treaty because they, among other things, wanted to ensure that EU defence could only be used for defence and not for attack purposes. The treaty was amended and they were then asked how they liked it now, and they approved.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Morning All,

would be interesting to see if there are any statistics on this,

as regular readers will know yours truly and friends were in Essen at the weekend for Techno Classica 2017 https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...ica-essen-2017

we left Essen at about 20:30 Saturday evening and took the Frankfurt -> Nurnberg road and got the taxi up to to cruising speed

and you wouldn't believe it, literally every 5 minutes we passed either a UK registered car/van/car-with-trailer/van-with-trailer or a group of them together, and these weren't a few Brits going on holiday, these cars and trailers were loaded to the gunwales.

These were people migrating, moving their home.

Where are they all going ? Where are they from ? They were heading east, our guess was they are heading to Slovakia/Romania/Bulgaria. They weren't Polish because it's the wrong direction for Poland.

Would be interesting to see if there are any statistics.

Begs the question though, who of the indigenous population is going to roll up their sleeves and do the jobs these people did for the money they were paid ?

Milan.
                  The good will stay and the bad will go, force the English into work no benefits.

Comment

Working...
                  X