• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Brexit Exodus from Britain ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Brexit Exodus from Britain ?

Morning All,

would be interesting to see if there are any statistics on this,

as regular readers will know yours truly and friends were in Essen at the weekend for Techno Classica 2017 https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...ica-essen-2017

we left Essen at about 20:30 Saturday evening and took the Frankfurt -> Nurnberg road and got the taxi up to to cruising speed

and you wouldn't believe it, literally every 5 minutes we passed either a UK registered car/van/car-with-trailer/van-with-trailer or a group of them together, and these weren't a few Brits going on holiday, these cars and trailers were loaded to the gunwales.

These were people migrating, moving their home.

Where are they all going ? Where are they from ? They were heading east, our guess was they are heading to Slovakia/Romania/Bulgaria. They weren't Polish because it's the wrong direction for Poland.

Would be interesting to see if there are any statistics.

Begs the question though, who of the indigenous population is going to roll up their sleeves and do the jobs these people did for the money they were paid ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Morning All,

would be interesting to see if there are any statistics on this,

as regular readers will know yours truly and friends were in Essen at the weekend for Techno Classica 2017 https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...ica-essen-2017

we left Essen at about 20:30 Saturday evening and took the Frankfurt -> Nurnberg road and got the taxi up to to cruising speed

and you wouldn't believe it, literally every 5 minutes we passed either a UK registered car/van/car-with-trailer/van-with-trailer or a group of them together, and these weren't a few Brits going on holiday, these cars and trailers were loaded to the gunwales.

Where are they all going ? Where are they from ? They were heading east, our guess was they are heading to Slovakia/Romania/Bulgaria. They weren't Polish because it's the wrong direction for Poland.

Would be interesting to see if there are any statistics.

Begs the question though, who of the indigenous population is going to roll up their sleeves and do the jobs these people did for the money they were paid ?

Milan.
    I see a lot of these too and most of them are East Europeans going back home but also just going back for a period of time before returning to the UK
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

We will end benefits so people will need to work or starve.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

On the flip side, the good news, I hear, is that Eastenders is opening up again for the return of the great British booze cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I see a lot of these too and most of them are East Europeans going back home but also just going back for a period of time before returning to the UK
          morning DA,

I've also seen them seasonally, but unless all of Romania was going back for Easter, this was something different than I have ever seen before. They had trailers, caravans, pickups, vans, all full of gear.

I guess if the cheaper labour all goes home then prices are going to rise as labour prices rise.

Milan.

Comment

morning DA,

I've also seen them seasonally, but unless all of Romania was going back for Easter, this was something different than I have ever seen before. They had trailers, caravans, pickups, vans, all full of gear.

I guess if the cheaper labour all goes home then prices are going to rise as labour prices rise.

Milan.
            Perhaps they are all Guardian readers, and believe the constant articles about the end of the world, post Brexit?
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Milan.
              Of course, heading east through Westphalia is completely the wrong direction for Poland!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Of course, heading east through Westphalia is completely the wrong direction for Poland!!
                Shaun, I gotta say, you're slipping, let's all chip in and get you a geography book.

The Frankfurt - Nurnberg road is for the CZ, SK, BG, RO traffic

the PL traffic go via Berlin

Probably when Lance Jack Bhoy was in the Army and carrying the Sarn't Major's radio, you had the map upside down and that's why you went to Poland via Regensburg.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  We will end benefits so people will need to work or starve.
                  I agree. Let's start with pensions.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Coming over here taking our jobs
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X