• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My next car will be a Nissan Qashqai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yes the bike could slow to a halt, the cyclist could dismount and walk. Or you could take one small step to the side. It's called being polite I think your manufactured outrage is pretty silly this time... runners and cyclists should weave around pedestrians but should also make them aware of their presence.
    Explain how I can weave around pedestrians taking up the entire path?

It's called the law innit? You have more visibility, more control and are the one who will be injuring the cyclist/pedestrian so the onus is on you to be aware of dangerous cyclists. In reality if a cyclist does something stupid and you run them over, how are you going to feel? Will you be fine because it wasn't your fault, or will you be traumatised because regardless of fault, you squished a person under your wheels?
    No vehicle drivers don't. This is why cars, HGVs, vans and buses have mirrors. You also clearly never driven a van, or seen HGVs and buses braking from 40mph or higher.

Those on motorbikes, bikes, horse back and foot actually have more visibility and control. To see around you, you can turn your head and there isn't a bit of vehicle in your way. I've actually been saved from being run over on a zebra crossing more than once due to the fact I can jump quickly.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I've actually been saved from being run over on a zebra crossing more than once due to the fact I can jump quickly.
      I'll have you next time.

Comment

Yes the bike could slow to a halt, the cyclist could dismount and walk. Or you could take one small step to the side. It's called being polite I think your manufactured outrage is pretty silly this time... runners and cyclists should weave around pedestrians but should also make them aware of their presence.
        Mock outrage, gosh you really are a total bell end

Yes of course I try and step aside, not so easy on a canal tow path, I'm sure you are aware of how narrow they are?
        Also, as some have no bell at all, a shout is often all you have to be made of their presence.
        Often the first you know is when they clip the side of you as they cycle by.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview...6456157968.mp4

Drunk woman at the wheel and young child in the back - no injuries.

This accident occurred very near where I live I know the road well.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            This accident occurred very near where I live I know the road well.
            What accident? It was an incompetent f***up, nothing accidental about it.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              What accident? It was an incompetent f***up, nothing accidental about it.
              Been there done that, bombing over this fecking thing in a side street in Ladbroke Grove a few years ago, at 50 MPH one dark rainy night so I didn't see it!:

giant circular bump in middle of road

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was much higher back then. I was damned lucky not to completely knacker my suspension!

It's easily done, and I didn't even have the excuse of a bawling infant in the back of the car!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's called the law innit? You have more visibility, more control and are the one who will be injuring the cyclist/pedestrian so the onus is on you to be aware of dangerous cyclists. In reality if a cyclist does something stupid and you run them over, how are you going to feel? Will you be fine because it wasn't your fault, or will you be traumatised because regardless of fault, you squished a person under your wheels?
                You mean the law about not going through red lights, you complete weapon?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Been there done that, bombing over this fecking thing in a side street in Ladbroke Grove a few years ago, at 50 MPH one dark rainy night so I didn't see it!:

giant circular bump in middle of road

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was much higher back then. I was damned lucky not to completely knacker my suspension!

It's easily done, and I didn't even have the excuse of a bawling infant in the back of the car!
                  Look at the pictures and read the testimony. She was the wrong side of a solid white line, the truck driver braked to let her through but knew she couldn't make the turn and she hit a full blown frickin' roundabout, not a speed bump.

Also Ladbroke Grove is in a 30 limit (street lights and no repeater signs for anything else) and you obviously missed the crossroads and the warning signs. So please don't try and lecture people on bad driving...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I was given a Qashqai once as a courtesy car while my 350z was in for service. Comfy enough. Wouldn't buy one though; not my sort of car. It's got room in the back where people can sit down and a boot that still has plenty of space after you've put a couple of Fortnum's carrier bag in it. Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I was given a Qashqai once as a courtesy car while my 350z was in for service. Comfy enough. Wouldn't buy one though; not my sort of car. It's got room in the back where people can sit down and a boot that still has plenty of space after you've put a couple of Fortnum's carrier bag in it. Madness.
                      Those sort of cars are useful if you have a large pet or three to ferry around, which is why people get them.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X