• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd recommend folks have some bitcoin when the news comes that the Zencash secure nodes are operational. At the moment they remain on the beta test network, deployed throughout the world. Perhaps this month an announcement will be made.

Let the game come to you.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Education:

As bitcoin begins its correction it appears all alt-coins are in a sea of red:

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/#USD

Now look at BTC prices instead of USD and you can see where the money is going. Always follow the bitcoin price.

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/#BTC
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Education:

As bitcoin begins its correction it appears all alt-coins are in a sea of red:

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/#USD

Now look at BTC prices instead of USD and you can see where the money is going. Always follow the bitcoin price.

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/#BTC
        I've been following this thread with a lot of interest but I'm not that smart (why I do recruitment)

What do you mean where the money is going, can you spell it out for me?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
          I've been following this thread with a lot of interest but I'm not that smart (why I do recruitment)

What do you mean where the money is going, can you spell it out for me?

Thanks
          Ewwww! A recruiter on the forums? I feel dirty.

Comment

Too many traders are hooked, they don't take out the dollars they put it into other alt-coins. You see many people follow the 24 volume (that is the amount of money going in and out of a currency) but to me that's history, I want to know before the volume explodes. So I do this by following where the money is going. You can see on the BTC table / chart from the link above the first signs that many traders are pouring the bitcoin gains / profits into certain alt coins like bitcash. Some are tethering to USD, which is smart. However I expect a number of alt's to go up whilst bitcoin goes down.

As sure as carts are to horses Ripple always goes up when Bitcoin corrects. Compare the history over the year.

Comment

Every day, about 300,000 BC transactions occur. The average transaction fee is about $10 so the transactions cost $3 million per day.
              Who gets the fee? It goes to the miner who mines the block that includes your transaction.

So as far as I can make out, crypto just looks like a vehicle for legalized 'skimming' in a system that eats its own capital.....the logical conclusion of which, is that eventually all the BTC will belong again to the miners who mined it.

I wonder how long until it goes *pop* !!

Comment

Scooter reckons 12-18 months.

Comment

There is no doubt, a huge bubble is in the making. It'll take out lots of dumb money. Bitcoin is the facebook of crypto, however. It'll be around for years, a place where people store wealth. Sure it's price will collapse but it'll recover just as quickly. The real question though is what other coins will make it big? What others with shrug off the bubble popping to come? My bet is Zencash. Why? Because this one blockchain offers what the majority do, combined. Furthermore it does this whilst being fully private through secure nodes. And lastly the people behind the project, you've got real world experience of successful business and fresh talent straight out of academia.

A few others will also also survive - which? That's the million dollar question. Stellar for sure, it's a sneaky one. And it's big brother Ripple, well it has much support but I'm not certain it is the best place to look for returns. ETH will survive and so should it's little sister Lisk (LSK). There's a few social media tokens like Steem that'll continue but everything is to be treated with much caution.

A few months ago I put 10k in Tezos ICO. The project seemed like a great idea and still does, blockchains that can adapt to change have a future. However I did not research the people behind the project well enough. They're CEO and developers are at loggerheads. The future price of that token is worth less the scrap paper. So yeah -
                  Last edited by scooterscot; 10 November 2017, 17:18.

Comment

Can someone tell PC please.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
                      I have been dabbling in these for a few years. Recently I bought Dash at $12 and sold off at $85 for a reasonable profit. Converted the profits back into Bitcoin.
                      Thought it'd be fun to look back at some earlier threads.

Dash $12!! Oh my goofness. 2750% increase in 7 months. You must be pleased that £1k of Dash you bought

Zencash is about to pull the carpet out from under Dash, PIVX, Monero, OMG - and any other coins focused in moving money around the world privately.

Zencash $20-25 right now is Dash's $12 moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X