• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    How do you short crypto/altcoins?
    sell high buy low - you can create margins but I don't bother myself, instead preferring to watch the behaviour over the course of weeks. The bubbles are fairly obvious. Acting on them is an entirely different matter.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      sell high buy low - you can create margins but I don't bother myself, instead preferring to watch the behaviour over the course of weeks. The bubbles are fairly obvious. Acting on them is an entirely different matter.
      I know what shorting is

I was asking how you actually carry out the short. Do the same sites (that you buy) let you short, in the same way that you would at a spreadbet firm for example?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        I know what shorting is

I was asking how you actually carry out the short. Do the same sites (that you buy) let you short, in the same way that you would at a spreadbet firm for example?
        Most of the exchanges let you short. But I find that too risky. For one you have to keep the money on the exchange. That's a no no in my book. The 2nd I've seen shorts go badly wrong. For the moment I'm old school. You can see this slope time and time again on the market as a whole or individual currencies. Just wait days or weeks, buy into other peoples fear. Currently we're in blow off phase for sure and I don't think it's over.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sir, I salute you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZpnNIPobPQ
          Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post

Comment

""Bitcoin acceptance is virtually zero and shrinking," the team of Morgan Stanley analysts led by James Faucette wrote."

Bitcoin: Morgan Stanley Says You Should Spend It, Not Buy It | Fortune.com

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                ""Bitcoin acceptance is virtually zero and shrinking," the team of Morgan Stanley analysts led by James Faucette wrote."

Bitcoin: Morgan Stanley Says You Should Spend It, Not Buy It | Fortune.com
                Give it another 16-18 months before that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Give it another 16-18 months before that happens.
                  Before what happens, big crash or widespread acceptance that it was just a form of Ponzi scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Before what happens, big crash or widespread acceptance that it was just a form of Ponzi scheme?
                    Crash bang wallop. Some will be accepted, I've no doubt. But 99% of the others will disappear into irrelevance and I expect that to happen when acceptance takes foot.

I like this idea of combining models.. they're focused on the financial but I'd be interested in the engineering side of things.

https://numer.ai

Comment

How's everyone's holdings?

Comment

Working...
                      X