• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drei View Post
    If you manage to go green and get enough electricity to run a few GPUs... sure money from air. I would imagine that you would get even more if you were based in South Europe, more daylight but UK gets enough wind
    Not so much sense in Europe but in Africa where people live on a $ a day. Suddenly investing in Stellar makes oodles of sense.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What the hell is going on with all cryptocurrencies, just about every top currency doubled in value over the past few days. It is nuts.

Comment

Ransomware is driving the demand

Comment

What the hell is going on with all cryptocurrencies, just about every top currency doubled in value over the past few days. It is nuts.
          That £10k could have been £20k now..
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Put in around £7k so far since January. Portfolio worth about ~£240k now. Researching the best exit points. However not so important as I can convert to euro in minutes. Not intending to quit yet however, will see how things are by autumn. So much new money flowing into crypto.

Patience is key.
            Wow. Tidy. Im a bit scared at the moment to stuff thousands in there but thats well tidy.

Worth doing full time rather than working. So come on what are the secrets?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

For anyone afraid to invest it might be worth doing some mining, I have a few PCs sitting, could let them run overnight get a few Ether or Sia coins.

Thing is my main rig is a 1100w full tower and the other 660w so my electrical bill will probably kill me)) I wish I took them offers for free solar panels, let the solar panel owners hire my roof for free electricity during the day, would have made more money than them just from mining Bitcoins/Altcoins ))
              I signed up to virtual mining. Only $30. Probably wont make much but it'll be fun.....

Got a few now. Not a huge amount. $50 each

litecoin, doge, reddcoin, ripple, monero, zcash ,siacoin and, bitcoin. We'll how it goes.....
              Last edited by psychocandy; 24 May 2017, 07:14.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                I signed up to virtual mining. Only $30. Probably wont make much but it'll be fun.....

Got a few now. Not a huge amount. $50 each

litecoin, doge, reddcoin, ripple, monero, zcash ,siacoin and, bitcoin. We'll how it goes.....

How do you sign up to that? Isn't there a huge risk involved? As I kept reading and reading without making a move :P a few groups decided to disband keeping all coins and giving nothing to the users.

Yeah the 10k would def be 20k now... just ended sticking 8k in my mortgage instead... made £5k savings right there no risk involved.

I am finding the current altcoins market extremely volatile, I am worried since none of the altcoins are being used for the purposed they were created. It is a fake economy, inflated. It's simple, there are just over 16 million Bitcoins and 7.5 Billion people in the world. No one is using Bitcoins to buy tulip, they just use it as investment. If food or water was scarce... which will be soon enough, 1 bread or a bottle of water will be worth £100k or whatever. Hence why land and property prices will always go up, not enough land to support the ever increasing demand.

Blockchain should cost nothing, its value should be nothing except being used to improve our lives yet the greedy ****ers see it as a means to fill their pockets. Human greed, even a good thing with great potential is turned into wealth and power.

When you keep saying invest if you believe in it... yes I do but not how it is currently used. The only way this idiocy gets fixed is when 1 alt coin is valued at the exact value of 1 central currency. That way everyone can use them as intended. There should be enough Bitcoins in the world to match the people of the world or the currency of the EU or US or something like that but no... this isn't the case. How would a poor person in Africa be able to use Bitcoins to conduct their business? 1 Bitcoin should always be $1 or work with the inflation of the $ so let's say max $2 should be 1 bitcoin since the dollar did not lose its value by %50 overnight.

Blockchain should ONLY be used by corporations and governments NOT by individuals. This is where it would help the individuals as you are still part of the overall machine. I cannot get my head around the logic of why it is such a high commodity.

What the current crypos are showing is that either all the money in the world is now monopoly money and worthless and only cryptos is the way forward or that someone is deliberately creating this false economy to get extremely rich. It is a very open Ponzi Scheme.

The ONLY reason I would stick any money in it is simply to get rich fast because my greedy little hands want more and more, which pretty much defines me as an asshole of a human being no offence to anyone especially you Scoot, we all have to eat and pay our bills, bottom line is that our society is sooo damn broken. If I could go back in time and buy a few bitcoins for $1 a pop yes but only because they are worth so much more. Remember that posting by Lily Allen? She wished she took the deal NOW because of the value, at the time she wouldn't give two tulips about it.

Different thing all together putting money on Google, Apple etc as they are producing something, you can see the progress done. What is Bitcoin's progress, what did it produced or done to cost so much? How many lives did it saved?

Great example:
                One day....youre going to look back and say wow....ether was only XXX dollars...ONLY IF I bought more I'd have YYYYYYYY dollars now...a huge house, sick lambo and a blown 67 charger on 20s a nice black matte cigarette boat, gloss black chopper, a huge gun collection and a variery of antique weapons from centuries agos deadliest warriors...
                Last edited by Drei; 24 May 2017, 13:17.

Comment

I am finding the current altcoins market extremely volatile, I am worried since none of the altcoins are being used for the purposed they were created. It is a fake economy, inflated. It's simple, there are just over 16 million Bitcoins and 7.5 Billion people in the world. No one is using Bitcoins to buy tulip, they just use it as investment. If food or water was scarce... which will be soon enough, 1 bread or a bottle of water will be worth £100k or whatever. Hence why land and property prices will always go up, not enough land to support the ever increasing demand.
                  Got to do the research. Bitcoin is used in China in a massive way. Millions are using it to store their wealth. Crazy I know, but for many it's very easy. Much easier than say buying gold.

In Japan you can purchase many items with Bitcoin. People buy gold but don't use it to buy anything. What are those greedy people thinking of?!

Comment

The ONLY reason I would stick any money in it is simply to get rich fast because my greedy little hands want more and more, which pretty much defines me as an asshole of a human being no offence to anyone especially you Scoot, we all have to eat and pay our bills, bottom line is that our society is sooo damn broken. If I could go back in time and buy a few bitcoins for $1 a pop yes but only because they are worth so much more. Remember that posting by Lily Allen? She wished she took the deal NOW because of the value, at the time she wouldn't give two tulips about it.
                    Want more or want to win?

Stellar is rather supports the argument you've just made. There are millions and millions of people who are unbanked. Why is it fair normal currency does not facilitate their needs? The proposition made by Stellar here offers to remove much corruption. And you don't need to look far to see corruption both in the poorest parts of the world to Wall St.

Comment

How do you sign up to that? Isn't there a huge risk involved? As I kept reading and reading without making a move :P a few groups decided to disband keeping all coins and giving nothing to the users.
                      You mean the mining? Genesis mining....

Comment

Working...
                      X