• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just got put on there an hour ago.
    Gonna get on that one tonight then..... :-)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Scooter - out of interest how much did you pump in at the beginning? How much you add in and how much you got now/profit?

I've only done £500 so far. It does concern me a bit but I've had a play, made a few buys, some buys on exchange etc too. Maybe a few quid more.

Whats you're way of doing this? I know if I made, say, £10K Im not sure I'd be happy to leave it in case it all went to tulip. Do you cash out a % to real money from time to time?
      The cash half, keep going with half plan looks good to me.

Put in around £7k so far since January. Portfolio worth about ~£240k now. Researching the best exit points. However not so important as I can convert to euro in minutes. Not intending to quit yet however, will see how things are by autumn. So much new money flowing into crypto.

Patience is key.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 23 May 2017, 13:16.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This could be interesting for some having issues with fees and Sterling as their base currency.

https://transferwise.com/borderless?...derless_launch
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I read this on another forum:

Use localbitcoin to purchase BTC (some sellers allow you to buy BTC without verification) , then use shapeshift to convert your BTC to ETH
          Then use coindirect to cash out to Paypal or bank via sepa transfer, I'm In the UK Also

Scoot that's the problem mate, I have no idea which coin I "believe" it is worth investing. I can only make some kind of educated decision by reading up on how in demand the coin is or how adopted it becomes. For example Litecoin was supposed to be the next best thing and yet the price never broke the $30 mark after the huge price hike to $40 before SegWit. If Bitcoin gets SegWit then Litecoin can potentially go back to sub $10. Hence why I said it is extremely difficult to get myself to jump on any train hoping for the moon unless I can get a coin at under $10, ideally sub $4.

You mentioned that a while ago you lost some money on SwissCoins, from what I understood they were a big scam even though seemed like a good investment at the time.

I been so screwed at work that I hardly had any chance to look into cryptocurrencies. Good new is that Kraken has also approved me now. I may use all exchanges to buy a little, that way I don't hold too much in one wallet.

WALLET QUESTION:

How much commission to you pay by transferring currencies from one wallet to another. Let's say from an exchange to your offline wallet or from you to me.

Read some stuff on the website below too but in all honesty I would have no idea which coin "sounds" better. At the end of the day I am not a user, I would be an investor. The reason people buy alt cryptos is to get rich quick not because they intend to use the specific coins for whatever purpose they were created. If this was the case then 1 coin would be $1 or whatever the main currency equivalent. For example the Qatari Rial is always valued against the USD which means that if you work in Qatar then your salary will be USD equivalent. I find it extremely idiotic that 1 Bitcoin has a value of over $2k at this point and that it can get to $5k by the end of the year.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cloud...ogle-microsoft
          Last edited by Drei; 23 May 2017, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
            I read this on another forum:

Scoot that's the problem mate, I have no idea which coin I "believe" it is worth investing. I can only make some kind of educated decision by reading up on how in demand the coin is or how adopted it becomes. For example Litecoin was supposed to be the next best thing and yet the price never broke the $30 mark after the huge price hike to $40 before SegWit. If Bitcoin gets SegWit then Litecoin can potentially go back to sub $10. Hence why I said it is extremely difficult to get myself to jump on any train hoping for the moon unless I can get a coin at under $10, ideally sub $4.

You mentioned that a while ago you lost some money on SwissCoins, from what I understood they were a big scam even though seemed like a good investment at the time.

I been so screwed at work that I hardly had any chance to look into cryptocurrencies. Good new is that Kraken has also approved me now. I may use all exchanges to buy a little, that way I don't hold too much in one wallet.

WALLET QUESTION:

How much commission to you pay by transferring currencies from one wallet to another. Let's say from an exchange to your offline wallet or from you to me.
            Lost about £1k on sc. Learnt a lot since then.

There are no shortcuts. If there were everybody would be into it and the stock market would not be some great mystery, which to me still is. Lost count the number of hours I've spent reading this that and whatnot article on blockchain. It all comes down to what you believe. Never invest what you are prepared to loose.

Blockchain is exciting though. I'm hooked (in case you hadn't realised!), as governments try to reign control over the internet blockchain sprung up. And quite rightly so. Give it 10 years or so and I bet you internet servers will become redundant. The topology offered by blockchain will be one of those markers that define this decade.

Comment

WALLET QUESTION:

So little it is barely worth mentioning. Some are earning bucks off newbies. You can exchange between individuals on bitsquare without fees.

Comment

For anyone afraid to invest it might be worth doing some mining, I have a few PCs sitting, could let them run overnight get a few Ether or Sia coins.

Thing is my main rig is a 1100w full tower and the other 660w so my electrical bill will probably kill me)) I wish I took them offers for free solar panels, let the solar panel owners hire my roof for free electricity during the day, would have made more money than them just from mining Bitcoins/Altcoins ))
                Last edited by Drei; 23 May 2017, 14:19.

Comment

I was waiting for the right moment but never looked at Ether cause it was $86a piece, was looking at something lower. From reading it seems that there is aaaaa loooot of interest in cryptos from lots of big backers and companies. People are still oblivious to it. I been keeping my eye on LTC which is yoyo-ing between 20 and 30. I remember you said that you put some of your profits into ETHER.

I need £100k to put in to see any profit at this stage £10k not gonna do tulip.

Bitcoin ‘Will Be Worth $1 Mln In 10 Years’: Swiss-Based Bitcoin Wallet CEO

Comment

For anyone afraid to invest it might be worth doing some mining, I have a few PCs sitting, could let them run overnight get a few Ether or Sia coins.

Thing is my main rig is a 1100w full tower and the other 660w so my electrical bill will probably kill me)) I wish I took them offers for free solar panels, let the solar panel owners hire my roof for free electricity during the day, would have made more money than them just from mining Bitcoins/Altcoins ))

I've always fancied using a homemade wind turbine. Next time someone asks the question, do you think money comes out of thin air? Well yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      I've always fancied using a homemade wind turbine. Next time someone asks the question, do you think money comes out of thin air? Well yeah.
                      If you manage to go green and get enough electricity to run a few GPUs... sure money from air. I would imagine that you would get even more if you were based in South Europe, more daylight but UK gets enough wind

Comment

Working...
                      X