• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I guess when I've got some BC I can join and exchange. Do you then upload to wallet on there?

One thing - how much does it cost to transfter between wallets?
    Bitsquare has its own wallet built in.

Bitcoin is not the cheapest, hence the fireworks on certain fourms. However in general the more fee you pay the quicker your transaction!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Bitsquare has its own wallet built in.

Bitcoin is not the cheapest, hence the fireworks on certain fourms. However in general the more fee you pay the quicker your transaction!
      Approx fees though? IS it negligible or something to consider?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Approx fees though? IS it negligible or something to consider?
        Depends how much you're moving. If you wan to shift a £1k in minutes offer £10 as a fee, I'm sure you'll get it.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I still didn't buy in...

Guess what Bitcoin is now $2200+ and Ether is going through the roof, last week was around $80 now it is $160+

lol... I am just standing on the bench looking how crazy this whole thing is. Not much else to invest in (Litecoin and Ripple, maybe Stellar), seems the markets are mega inflated.

Scoot is rolling in cash at this point... you gonna hold on that Ether or cash out? Think it will go even higher like BTC was a few years back?

How does this wallet look like? Hear anything?
          https://ethertradewallet.info/index.htm
          Last edited by Drei; 23 May 2017, 11:47.

Comment

Are you waiting for the right moment?

You can't think like that. Bitcoin will probably hit $5k before the end of the year especially if SegWit becomes activated, which is increasingly likely. Took me by surprise actually. Bought mine from some guy in the UK for £650 a wee while ago.

Zoomed into the six figures now. Yup, holding like a baby chimp to its mummy. 2017 will be a remarkable year. It is only just beginning.

Comment

Are you waiting for the right moment?

You can't think like that. Bitcoin will probably hit $5k before the end of the year especially if SegWit becomes activated, which is increasingly likely. Took me by surprise actually. Bought mine from some guy in the UK for £650 a wee while ago.

Zoomed into the six figures now. Yup, holding like a baby chimp to its mummy. 2017 will be a remarkable year. It is only just beginning.

I was waiting for the right moment but never looked at Ether cause it was $86a piece, was looking at something lower. From reading it seems that there is aaaaa loooot of interest in cryptos from lots of big backers and companies. People are still oblivious to it. I been keeping my eye on LTC which is yoyo-ing between 20 and 30. I remember you said that you put some of your profits into ETHER.

I need £100k to put in to see any profit at this stage £10k not gonna do tulip.

Comment

Never invest in anything because of price. Decide which one of these technologies you think will deliver value in the future by accessing 'real world use'.

Made over £150 on bytecoin there without buying a single coin.

Make a quick buck now why not, buy some Siacoin before it explodes. It has just being made available on another exchange called bittrex. Before hand it was only available on a single exchange.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 23 May 2017, 12:55.

Comment

Never invest in anything because of price. Decide which one of these technologies you think will deliver value in the future by accessing 'real world use'.

Made over £150 on bytecoin there without buying a single coin.

Make a quick buck now why not, buy some Siacoin before it explodes. It has just being made available on another exchange called bittrex. Before hand it was only available on a single exchange.
                  I was looking at siacoin but I use bittrex and didnt think it was on there. Will have a look for deffo. Looks a good one.

Comment

I was looking at siacoin but I use bittrex and didnt think it was on there. Will have a look for deffo. Looks a good one.
                    Just got put on there an hour ago.

Comment

Scooter - out of interest how much did you pump in at the beginning? How much you add in and how much you got now/profit?

I've only done £500 so far. It does concern me a bit but I've had a play, made a few buys, some buys on exchange etc too. Maybe a few quid more.

Whats you're way of doing this? I know if I made, say, £10K Im not sure I'd be happy to leave it in case it all went to tulip. Do you cash out a % to real money from time to time?
                      The cash half, keep going with half plan looks good to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X