• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, back to Crypto.

Why did ETH crash so much yesterday? Was it news based or a technical correction, or perhaps jitters from the crash down to 10c the other day?

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
      We are hijacking the crypto post but hey what the heck.

Makes you wonder what kind of people come over here then...
      Before you call people UberCretins I know first hand what these people think, I have been surrounded by foreigners for almost 30 years since the 90's when the very few would make it to now when the gates are fully open. The stuff I heard on the train which by the way was not in English but in their mother language hence what they said is pretty accurate. Was just yesterday... you have no idea how many times I hear this out of their mouths to the point I just want to get up and tell them to go the **** back home if they don't like it in the UK.

You are extremely Ignorant yet you have no experience and no idea what you are saying.

Again why do I have to wait a month before I can get a GP appointment yet not even 10 years ago I could. That is just 1 issue for me and my family.

Let me be as BLUNT as I can be since you seem to know everything @ BrilloPad I have plenty of family outside of the UK, educated people that have decent jobs. NONE of them want to come to the UK. The majority of people that do come to the UK with a small exception come here because they are lost causes, they have absolutely nothing back home and they come to the UK because of milk and honey. These are the people driving like they are in their home countries, behaving the same way, uneducated peasants to put it nicely as that's what %90 of them are.

Are you that silly that you do not know simple maths? the current UK population is the same as France, almost the same as Germany? Yet the land mass of both of these countries are about 3 4 times bigger? Are you just that Ignorant? Why do you think there are so many people waiting at Calais to come to the UK?

I am going to say something that people might not like but again, truth bloody hurts. I was talking to an Aid worker a few years back, they were in Africa for quite some time. As the conversation went they said that the people in Africa are very lazy, they got used to the "white man" helping out that this is what they expect now without doing anything. Pretty much the same in the UK.

I don't want to get in any rouble with moderators here but everything I said is a fact and I am happy to provide supporting evidence. Like I said, this is not my opinion, those are just numbers, figures, observation.

Let me throw another one out there. You do know that pretty much all English people outside the major cities are quite racist when it comes to offering jobs to foreigners and what now right, as they think they are above them? For example if you go into Essex you will only find white English people in most high paying office jobs, same in most of the public sector jobs. I guess that means that most foreigners are seen as cannon fodders for tulipty jobs. Could also be that none of them are highly skilled workers that can change their minds, as those people opt out of coming to the UK?

Do you really think that highly skilled foreign workers have it easy in the UK or enjoy being here? No they don't, hence again why not many come over unless they are sooo desperate. They have friends and family back home, do you think it is easy making the move, leave them all behind? Of course not. I can tell you for a fact that most highly skilled foreign workers in the UK are socially retarded because they find it difficult making friends, especially at 25+. It is pretty hard making British/English friends or finding people from the same country as you at the same level as you.

Yes the builders, cleaners etc will make "friends" within the same groups as there are so many of them. We did have acquiescences and did go to gatherings but slowly cut it out as we were just getting dumber by being there.

You want to know the truth behind closed door... fire away and I will tell you facts, first hand. It is a tulipty world out there and just about 90% of the people coming to the UK don't do it because they want to but because they need to.

I guarantee you 100% that if you asked any foreign citizen working in the UK, would they still stay in the UK if they could get £20k a year salary in their home country the answer would be NO. And that is £20k, I am not talking about 35k to 50k+ roles which they can get here.

Another one for your collection, did you know that about 50% of Eastern Europe population is in West Europe now? The population of Eastern European migrants in Britain rose by over %600 since the mid 2000.

Sorry for the long rant but I hate it when people "think" they know stuff yet they are oblivious to the real facts. Walk a mile in "our" shoes and see how you feel afterwards. When I say "our" I am referring to the middle class Eastern European nationals. I am not talking about French, Spanish, Italian nationals but the majority of the flooding population from Eastern Europe.

Seriously, how many peanuts can you shove in a bottle before it blows up?

I am a foreigner and I did vote Brexit for the right reasons. The UK Gov needs to negotiate better deals and have a better process in place for foreign workers. If I could I would move to the US, Canada or Australia.
      Could someone summarize what was said here? I think it was I am a UberCretin?

Comment

The stuff I heard on the train which by the way was not in English but in their mother language hence what they said is pretty accurate.
        No. That makes it their opinion. Opinions are like 4rseholes. Everyone has one, however no-one wants to listen to anyone elses.....

Comment

We are hijacking the crypto post but hey what the heck.
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2436782

There you go.

Comment

Wasnt there a rumour that Vitalik Buterin had died?

I think the reality is large institutions are cashing in on Investments coupled with volatility in the Crypto market until Aug when the Bitcoin Segwit upgrade happens. Expect volatility until then before the next leg up.
            Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Anyway, back to Crypto.

Why did ETH crash so much yesterday? Was it news based or a technical correction, or perhaps jitters from the crash down to 10c the other day?
              Because it's not worth anything!!!

You can't pay taxes with it - so no inherent value whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Bloodbath today. Portfolio down almost 30% since the weekend! Make you realise something about bubbles without government interference they'll just follow course and burst. Feck me when the UK housing market goes it'll be murderious.
                Houses can house people - essential service, what can you with "crypto-currence"? You can't even wipe your arse with it, it's worth less than a billion Zimbabwe dollars !!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Because it's not worth anything!!!

You can't pay taxes with it - so no inherent value whatsoever
                  Other things you can't pay taxes with:

-Gold
                  -Cars
                  -Stocks
                  -food
                  etc

Comment

https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/s...27496024772610

Look at the state of this guy. He's either being tortured or is on drugs. Or has been brought back from the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      Anyway, back to Crypto.

Crypto bubble has been growing out of control for the past 8 weeks. From $30 billion to $116 billion in 8 weeks is insane. The ETH flash crash was the pin that pricked the bubble IMO.

Wait for it to return to the mean ~$60-$70 billon and buy in again. Crypto has now too much attention now to disappear into nothing.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X