• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Bought this yesterday - was watching the previous resistance around 0.0026ish for a bounce. I bought at market a bit above it - should have set a limit order but still got a good entry I think at 0.00264700
    You might have noticed it has performed a 'double bottom' on this 0.0026'ish support line. That's a strong indicator of upward movement. Also I've just received word zencash is close to launching secure nodes - days? Weeks? who knows. Difficult to say where it'll land before the news comes but 0.0050-70 is expected.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Dash is the next recommend buy.

I've read the report back to front now. There's a few things going on. Buying into Dash right now might seem mad, but there's a history involved. Much of it has to do with the US states making the sale of Cannabis legal. There is strong favour in the senate supporting this legalisation of cannabis as a means to replenish poor tax receipts in various states. It is likely to get the green light, which would cause the industry in the US to explode. That's one part of the story.

The other part has to do with agreements Dash already have in place with various providers who provide transaction services for cannabis retailers. Almost 2/3's of them. The cost of using Dash rather than cash is considerable.

So that's the rumour. People will use Dash to buy drugs in legalised US outlets. Expectation is Dash with fly past $1000 before the end of January. You know as much as I do now.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This will be music to some people's ears:

https://www.coindesk.com/tether-clai...olen-attacker/
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Been keeping an eye the BitConnect coin. Although exchange price holding up (listed on https://coinmarketcap.com/) looked a little wobbly last 24 hours.

There are two camps here:
          a) Doubters: "It's a pyramind and ponzi, avoid at all costs. Will disappear unannounced at any moment"
          b) Believers: "It's a revolutionary trading system using an advanced 'never loses' AI based trading bot, fill 'ur boots"

On yesterday's platform sellers dwarfed buyers - 70 'pages' of buyers, 184 'pages' of sellers .. people running for the door ?
          Bitconnect instigated their 'volatility circuit breaker' .. sellers trying to move funds towards the door blocked with 'red nana messages'
          One YouTube marketer who made $50k from 'referrals' (aka pyramind signups) announced he was selling all his BitConnect and deleting all related 'marketing vids' .. doin' a runner ?

That 'volatility circuit breaker' shows trading knowledge ! Solid tech from these (Vietnam based ?) guys whatever the reality !

From https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/circuitbreaker.asp ...
          What is a 'Circuit Breaker'
          Circuit breakers are measures approved by the SEC to curb panic-selling on U.S.
          stock exchanges and excessive volatility – large price swings in either direction – in individual securities.

Comment

Man I'd never use them.

And a warning to all, don't store bags of dosh online!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Man I'd never use them.

And a warning to all, don't store bags of dosh online!
              Could you remind me what you store in please.
              I only have small amounts invested (c.£2k in total) but they're all stored in bittrex at the moment.
              Have BTC, BCC, XLM, ZEN, NEO, XRP, DASH.
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                I only have small amounts invested (c.£2k in total) but they're all stored in bittrex at the moment.
                I'm going to set up individual wallets from the developers and print off/usb stick private keys. Want them off bittrex ASAP. I have my BTC/BCH and ETH on uphold
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Large % drop on news but BTC/USD market has just shrugged it off and fully recovered.

Rise to $8500 now looking strong and soon.
                  It's on-fire, seemingly unstoppable !

'Satoshi Nakamoto' now 212th richest man in world with $8B

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    almost half a million (bananas) on bittrex until recently - stupid I know.

For XLM I use: https://www.stellar.org/account-viewer/#!/ - a reminder here, you don't need a wallet only a secret phrase with you hide and never loose.

BTC: Jeepers there's tons of offline wallets without and with the blockchain. I use bitpay for the most part.

ZEN: Come on people, go to the project page and download the wallet. Back up the wallet to a secure location.

Same with Dash.

XRP: I use a offline wallet but might be hard to get a hold of these days.

And don't store wallets on USBs! I know you think it's clever but really it's not, I've lost data on them too easily. A CD is much more secure. Better still encrypt the wallet and store on a end-to-end cloud encryption service not based in the US.

Comment

Tether crypto-currency operator reports $31m raid - BBC News

Yeah, that beats the banking system for sure

Comment

Working...
                      X