• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Syria - bit quick off the mark?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
    There is proof and history of US controlling and taking down regimes. I know because I live in such country. The US embassy is the shadow government here . So forgive me for thinking they are doing the same in Syria, killing millions in the process. Disgusting pigs.
    Which even if true is all irrelevant to the statement you made. You can't just say something bad happened so it's probably the CIA unless there's proof it wasn't. It's not as if there is a shortage of other bad people who could have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      C) Corby is virtually never right, but he's always on about money, I'll give you that.
      He's often right, it's just that he's either so impractical and idealist it doesn't help, or wrong on so many other issues that it doesn't help.

I think this (pacifism) is one of the areas JC is strongest personally.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Its the Americans I'm surprised those 23 missiles didn't hit Heathrow.

I would imagine we, the Russians or the French sold Assad a nice anti missile shield battery. They are actually quite good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_defense
        They could have sold the 23 missiles. It reminds me of “Catch 22” or even a bit like the Iran-Contra affair..
        The Iran–Contra affair (Persian: ماجراي ایران-کنترا‎‎, Spanish: caso Irán-Contra), also referred to as Irangate,[1] Contragate[2] or the Iran–Contra scandal, was a political scandal in the United States that occurred during the second term of the Reagan Administration. Senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, which was the subject of an arms embargo.[3] They hoped, thereby, to fund the Contras in Nicaragua while at the same time negotiating the release of several U.S. hostages. Under the Boland Amendment, further funding of the Contras by the government had been prohibited by Congress.

The scandal began as an operation to free seven American hostages being held in Lebanon by Hezbollah, a paramilitary group with Iranian ties connected to the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution. It was planned that Israel would ship weapons to Iran, and then the United States would resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E...3Contra_affair
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          They could have sold the 23 missiles.
          Ah, Bilko.

edit: Or CPO Pertwee, of course.
          Last edited by RSoles; 7 April 2017, 18:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
            That article is dated 6th March, so isn't about this week's attack.
            The accusation that Paddy's quote didn't exist on the swedhr site is incorrect, but Paddy attempted (deliberately?) to spread fake news by linking it to the recent incident.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

When I was young, I always thought programmers and other IT people had to be logical. Long and sometimes hilarious experience has taught me otherwise. Thanks for adding to that experience.
              The best and most successful IT contractors are logical. This site, however is populated, in the main, by the unemployed, PMs, low level support monkeys, non IT idiots of various types and an assortment of other losers.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                This site, however is populated, in the main, by the unemployed, PMs, low level support monkeys, non IT idiots of various types and an assortment of other losers.
                I see. Thank you for filling me in.

Your post count here is pretty high, isn't it?

Comment

I see. Thank you for filling me in.

Your post count here is pretty high, isn't it?
                  You know that saying - Unfortunately, sas has dragged some of us down to his level and then beat us by experience!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...hemical-attack

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/w...al-attack.html

These conspiracy theories are bollux. This is the work of Assad and Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      These conspiracy theories are bollux. This is the work of Assad and Russia.
                      But why would Assad risk such predictable opprobium and retaliation when he's winning?!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X