• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Syria - bit quick off the mark?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be it. I've only mobile access so it's hard to be sure. http://reports.swedhr.org/white-helm...anda-purposes/
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Only 23 of the 59 missiles reached their target.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Are you suggesting that the CIA was somehow responsible for using the chemical weapons?
        Originally posted by europetractor View Post
        There isnt any proof that itsnt.
        You're right, there isn't any proof.

There also isn't any proof that my dear departed Gran, dead these last 15 years, God rest her soul, isn't behind the attack, either. It could have been written in secret ink in her will, and we all just missed it.

Admittedly, the CIA would have more capability to carry out the attack than secret ink in Grandma's will, but if the best argument you have is that there isn't any proof that they didn't do it, you have nothing at all.

There's no proof that you aren't a secret ISIS member looking to discredit the CIA, either. Or worse, you might be an SNP member. You might even be Jeremy Corbyn, I suppose, or Peter Mandelson, or Steve Bannon, for that matter. There's no proof I know of that you aren't.

When I was young, I always thought programmers and other IT people had to be logical. Long and sometimes hilarious experience has taught me otherwise. Thanks for adding to that experience.

Comment

That article is dated 6th March, so isn't about this week's attack.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Yeah, if you believe the election returns are being reported correctly.

It's very close to the percentage the Yes campaign got in the Scottish referendum. The obvious solution is to try again and see if they can get over 50% success rate.

Comment

According to the Russians. Well, they would say that, wouldn't they.

Just as the US will say all 59 hit their targets as intended.

Please show a little rigour before believing anything that either side is telling you.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                Yeah, if you believe the election returns are being reported correctly.

It's very close to the percentage the Yes campaign got in the Scottish referendum. The obvious solution is to try again and see if they can get over 50% success rate.
                A) Militants slaughter woman and children to make a propaganda video

B) UK's best friend ever, Trump, illegally invades and bombards a country without consulting the UN.

C) UK politicians queueing up to congratulate the president. Except Corby, whose right on the money.

D) You make joke..

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  You're right, there isn't any proof.

There also isn't any proof that my dear departed Gran, dead these last 15 years, God rest her soul, isn't behind the attack, either. It could have been written in secret ink in her will, and we all just missed it.

Admittedly, the CIA would have more capability to carry out the attack than secret ink in Grandma's will, but if the best argument you have is that there isn't any proof that they didn't do it, you have nothing at all.

There's no proof that you aren't a secret ISIS member looking to discredit the CIA, either. Or worse, you might be an SNP member. You might even be Jeremy Corbyn, I suppose, or Peter Mandelson, or Steve Bannon, for that matter. There's no proof I know of that you aren't.

When I was young, I always thought programmers and other IT people had to be logical. Long and sometimes hilarious experience has taught me otherwise. Thanks for adding to that experience.
                  There is proof and history of US controlling and taking down regimes. I know because I live in such country. The US embassy is the shadow government here . So forgive me for thinking they are doing the same in Syria, killing millions in the process. Disgusting pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    According to the Russians. Well, they would say that, wouldn't they.

Just as the US will say all 59 hit their targets as intended.

Please show a little rigour before believing anything that either side is telling you.
                    Its the Americans I'm surprised those 23 missiles didn't hit Heathrow.

I would imagine we, the Russians or the French sold Assad a nice anti missile shield battery. They are actually quite good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_defense
                    Last edited by vetran; 7 April 2017, 14:05.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A) Militants slaughter woman and children to make a propaganda video

B) UK's best friend ever, Trump, illegally invades and bombards a country without consulting the UN.

C) UK politicians queueing up to congratulate the president. Except Corby, whose right on the money.

D) You make joke..
                      A) Allegedly.

B) Consulting the UN is not a legal requirement in US law. Please cite the law to which Trump is subject which he has violated before using the word "illegally". Thanks.

C) Corby is virtually never right, but he's always on about money, I'll give you that.

D) I made a joke about your incredible credulity, not about any of those things.

Comment

Working...
                      X