• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: Gibraltar angered by Spain's EU 'veto'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    95.9% is a pretty good landslide.

And if there's nothing to negotiate, then why is the government wasting the next 2 years of trying to negotiate?
    ahh. I see what you did there. When shaunbhoy said "nothing to negotiate" clearly meaning about Gibraltar issue you cleverly twisted it to mean Brexit negotiations.

Gosh mod standards are improving. Anyone else would just have banned him for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      So women should not be working?

I find your sexist attitude quite disturbing. This is not the 1950s any more.
      Where did I say the woman didn't work?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brexit: Gibraltar angered by Spain's EU 'veto'

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        ahh. I see what you did there. When shaunbhoy said "nothing to negotiate" clearly meaning about Gibraltar issue you cleverly twisted it to mean Brexit negotiations.

Gosh mod standards are improving. Anyone else would just have banned him for a month.
        The Ireland problem and the Gibraltar problem are both big issues - land borders with the EU. Treating them as worthy of smilies shows a serious lack of intellect from some users.
        The negotiations regarding these two borders may have bigger consequences than just the pledges/promises of the Leave group. These negotiations will affect the people who live in Northern Ireland and Gibraltar. The negotiations will affect their freedom to work, freedom to live and freedom to travel in ways that those who never leave their own county, let alone country, might fail to grasp.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Ireland problem and the Gibraltar problem are both big issues - land borders with the EU. Treating them as worthy of smilies shows a serious lack of intellect from some users.
          Care to show where they have been treated as "a joke", or is this just your little pitch at some "alternative facts"?

The negotiations regarding these two borders may have bigger consequences than just the pledges/promises of the Leave group. These negotiations will affect the people who live in Northern Ireland and Gibraltar. The negotiations will affect their freedom to work, freedom to live and freedom to travel in ways that those who never leave their own county, let alone country, might fail to grasp.
          I don't think that there will actually BE a lot of negotiations regarding the borders. Accommodations can be found that will seamlessly work around these "consequences", such as they are.
          Best you just leave it all to the grown-ups and go and get yourself some dry underwear.

And as for people "leaving their own county", I would imagine that I have lived and worked in a great many more places than you will ever do, but don't let that prevent you trying to shoot more holes in your webbed foot.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

And as for people "leaving their own county", I would imagine that I have lived and worked in a great many more places than you will ever do, but don't let that prevent you trying to shoot more holes in your webbed foot.

Presumably the same countries that the UK is working on trade deals with....

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Presumably the same countries that the UK is working on trade deals with....

Should you be putting your CV online in this manner darmy?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Should I be putting May's top secret Brexit plans online?

ftfy
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Care to show where they have been treated as "a joke"...
                  Let me quote the very same post where you say that:

You may have been to Cornwall and Dorset, or maybe even done a few weeks in other countries, but do tell us all, as an IT contractor how many European countries have you contracted in, working in local businesses?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Let me quote the very same post where you say that:
                    You are reading too much into "smilies". Then again, you are pretty prone to getting hold of the wrong end of things.

You may have been to Cornwall and Dorset, or maybe even done a few weeks in other countries, but do tell us all, as an IT contractor how many European countries have you contracted in, working in local businesses?
                    I am NOT an IT contractor.
                    And I have worked and lived for periods extending way beyond a "few weeks" in Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Holland, Ireland, Poland, Italy, and Cyprus.
                    I have also worked for short periods in Portugal and the Czech Republic, UAE, and Qatar, as well as working for 9 months in Lebanon and India.

Over and above that I have travelled extensively on my own part.

So, over to you Baldrick. Do tell us about your "worldly experience".

Comment

I heard he's done 10 years in Colombia...

Comment

Working...
                      X