• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: Gibraltar angered by Spain's EU 'veto'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    To declare war on spain simply stop tourists going there.

Bankrupt in weeks.
    They will intern all our old people or the feckers will come back here.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      plenty of remainer brits who don't live in the UK are happy to talk tulip about it on this forume.
      I've always maintained that I have a disinterest in the matter of Brexit, as it won't affect me personally if the UK goes down the toilet - I'd just prefer for that not to happen out of a lingering fondness for the place. Not being personally involved doesn't mean not having an opinion on how things will pan out. I don't even have a vote any longer.

So - why does the average UK citizen care what happens concerning Gibraltar? Does it bring substantial income to Britain? Is it of massive strategic importance, militarily. Or is it just "it's been ours for a few hundred years, and we want to keep it".
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I've always maintained that I have a disinterest in the matter of Brexit, as it won't affect me personally if the UK goes down the toilet - I'd just prefer for that not to happen out of a lingering fondness for the place. Not being personally involved doesn't mean not having an opinion on how things will pan out. I don't even have a vote any longer.

So - why does the average UK citizen care what happens concerning Gibraltar? Does it bring substantial income to Britain? Is it of massive strategic importance, militarily. Or is it just "it's been ours for a few hundred years, and we want to keep it".
        Because they are British citizens and you don't sell out your own?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Har Moooo sheet.

Brexitiers don't give a monkeys what happens there.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            They will intern all our old people or the feckers will come back here.
            excellent retraining the elderly!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Har Moooo sheet.

Brexitiers don't give a monkeys what happens there.
              Not sure how you would know given you don't even consider yourself British.

Comment

Not sure how you would know given you don't even consider yourself British.
                He hasn't been there either.

It's an armpit. But it is our armpit.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Everyone who voted Brexit sold them out - at least that's the feeling among Gibraltarians.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If Gibraltar voted to become Spanish I would happily wave them off, just as if the Falklands wanted to become Argentinian or the Scots want to become part of Norway.

If Gibraltar wants to stay we should allow them & protect them. That is what decent people do.

Spanish want to force Gibraltar to become part of them. Should we let them.

The correct response to this was for the British Government to have said to the EU 'I thought you wanted to do this professionally'

Comment

Everyone who voted Brexit sold them out - at least that's the feeling among Gibraltarians.
                      we have protected them for years, we will continue to do so. We chose to leave the EU, AIUI they don't have to.

If they can convince the EU to let them stay I'm sure we will be happy to support them. Its the EU who is letting Spain missbehave.

Comment

Working...
                      X