• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Full extended list of all real benefits of brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder where is GB9. Surely celebrating now. I'd like to hear how inflation will balance the economy out.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Doesn't answer my question.
      I've worked with some PhDs from Russell group unis with no talent whatsoever, just the ability to avoid work and spend 8 years writing a "thesis".
      And the most talented person I've ever seen left shool at 16.

Basically the way to check if you're talented is, are you on the big bucks?:
      No that's to check whether you are lucky. A point you have made about sending your offspring to private school to get contacts.

I have met some incredible talents who are not on big bucks. You will find many teaching.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Free trade deals with the commonwealth (and the rest of the world).

State aid for our UK businesses perfectly legal.

Supreme Court will be our highest court.

House of Lords will be our highest parliament.

End to Freedom of Movement.

End to subsidising the rejuvenation of Eastern Europe.

Autonomy over our fishing grounds.
        Free trade cuts both ways, tariffs are used to protect local manufacturing. GL kickstarting UK manufacturing after signing free trade with India/China and getting flooded with products at rpcies the local Manufacturing can't compete with. Not to mention free GMO foods from the US YAY!

I guess a lot of state aid will be needed to subsidize the manufacturing "boom" after free trade with Asia is signed, so this makes sense. Just remember who is paying for it...

HoL is unelected, it's only fair for it to be the highest parliament. I'm sure they have the wellbeing of the average Brit in their mind.

No freedom of movement is a good thing and a protection against the inevitable Exodus from the UK. Freedom is dirty word anyway.

The rejuvenation of Eastern Europe is a major factor reducing migration from EE and only fair, after throwing them to the wolves at the end of WWII

I'm sure that the extra 10'000 fishermen will more than compensate the loss of 10'000 suits from the City/Canary Wharf in terms of GDP and tax.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          I wonder where is GB9. Surely celebrating now. I'd like to hear how inflation will balance the economy out.
          As the boomers have stuffed everything up. Inflation will sort them out.

Comment

May has promised to build on EU protections for working people, which include paid holidays, health and safety at work and maternity leave. “Let me be absolutely clear: existing workers’ legal rights will continue to be guaranteed in law -- and they will be guaranteed as long as I am prime minister,” May said in October. Her phrasing was seen as significant, as it wouldn’t bind her successor to follow her pledge.
            I guess another benefit. More control over laws

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              Moving to France I hear.....
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I'm really trying here...
                Tell us something we DON'T know!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Its simple all she needs to do is to state she will guarantee the status of the EU citizens of each country that reciprocates. So if Poland says any Brits in Poland will be treated as before then the Polish can stay here under similar rules.

Ignore the EU completely. Screw em!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    So you really think if the EU migrants leave, wages will go up?
                    Well Stuart Rose, the head of the IN Campaign certainly seems to think so. Perhaps you can put him right muttonhead?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/0...-leave-the-eu/
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Well Stuart Rose, the head of the IN Campaign certainly seems to think so. Perhaps you can put him right muttonhead?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/0...-leave-the-eu/
                      Certainly.
                      Wages initially go up as demand for labour exceeds supply.
                      Following which companies think fook this and move abroad to cheaper locations - especially after Brexit when Britain is a small tuliphole of a market.
                      Which reverses the situation, there is now more labour than jobs, wages fall and remain low.

Elementary.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X