• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Live from Polski Sklep. Some polish already planning return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    True, but especially in Britain.

A German friend I know has learnt to expect negative "bloody foreigner" reactions every time she opens her mouth.

Definitely got bad since the referendum debate started.

Never experience it over in Germany.
    I'm sure you would if you learnt German.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      So you are a Pole that doesn't care about what is happening in Poland?

Are you perhaps twinned with scooterscot?

Definitely seem to be cut from a very similar cloth.

Make of that what you will
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Definitely seem to be cut from a very similar cloth.

Make of that what you will
        Dumb and Dumber, or 2 ends of the same wrong stick!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

When I go into Lidl in Melton Mowbray the spoken language is Polish. This because the staff are Polish. And so are the customers.

I guess that might spook some English people.

Having said that, no-one in my circle of contacts has ever mentioned Polish people as a problem. Or indeed anyone from EU countries.

Most people I know voted to stay in. The few that didn't cited EU corruption and waste as the motivation.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

I've seen many Dutch, Germans, French and Italians leaving already. I live in an area with lots of international research institutions, that get EU funding and many top researchers leave as soon as they get an offer elsewhere in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              I've seen many Dutch, Germans, French and Italians leaving already. I live in an area with lots of international research institutions, that get EU funding and many top researchers leave as soon as they get an offer elsewhere in the EU.
              Good riddance to expert rubbish. Now that we are free from the jackboot of EU regulations, the UK contributions to research will now be ploughed into homeopathic studies.

Comment

From my talks with relevant people in academia the situation is that EU is already pulling back on funding, the impact is real and more or less immediate, what's even worse is that Brexit is reducing collaboration between UK Unis and EU, this will have very bad long term implications.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  From my talks with relevant people in academia the situation is that EU is already pulling back on funding, the impact is real and more or less immediate, what's even worse is that Brexit is reducing collaboration between UK Unis and EU, this will have very bad long term implications.
                  Everyone knows continental European universities are sub-standard. We are now free to set up collaborations with Narnian research institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    We will take back control of our universities.

Comment

My Eastern European colleagues working in IT are either learning German or French, or moving back to their home countries. It's not a mass exodus, but it does add up.
                      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X