• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear EU,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Unelected?

So, who did you vote for in the last European Elections then, and do you even know who your MEP is?
    You mean who my MEP was? Yes I do. And yes I did vote. And I don't think I have to tell you who I actually voted for.

I vote every time I get a chance because quite simply if you don't vote you lose any right to complain about what the result of any vote is.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It's okay my little Guardian reading snowflakes, go to your safe space and have a little weepy time.

I just hope they leave enough room for the brexiters who are already in tantrum tears of rage.

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      No great surprises.

Interesting how the Ukrainian EU model could be the future solution with the UK.
      What, getting invaded by Russia? zanáshoo dróozhboo, comrade!

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      So why don't you take some personal responsibility and try educating yourself a little? I know it seems mean to say it, but it's for your own good: you really are one of the thickest people on CUK, even below scooter and owl hoot in intelligence I would suggest. You need to try to address this, because it's people like you who are going to suffer most over the next few years.
      But where does he score compared to PG - or even the flounced GB9?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So if you are forced to pay for your AA cover while you are an AA member, but can cancel your AA membership at any point, is that a dictatorship?
        But does the AA then force me to stay for another 2 years?

And then not let me talk to other breakdown companies?

It's a crap analogy anyway!

Comment

Is that the best you have?
          Yeah, sorry. Bit tired.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

No it forces you to stay until the end of the year.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

You see, you have once again misunderstood reality. The UK does not have to remain in the EU for another two years. It could leave immediately at any point by a single act of parliament, but it has chosen to avail itself of the Article 50 mechanism for negotiations over a two year period.

Do you understand a bit better now?

Comment

Not sure if someone has posted it but here's the link to May's letter:
                https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ing-article-50

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                  You mean who my MEP was? Yes I do. And yes I did vote. And I don't think I have to tell you who I actually voted for.

I vote every time I get a chance because quite simply if you don't vote you lose any right to complain about what the result of any vote is.
                  Interesting point.... when did we get a chance to vote for whether we would need to vote for an MEP?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    No it forces you to stay until the end of the year.
                    Not even that. You should be able to cancel membership at any point, although you may not get a refund on membership for a partial year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Not sure if someone has posted it but here's the link to May's letter:
                      https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ing-article-50
                      Sad day everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X