• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear EU,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it would be a good idea to leave the AA:
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      In some ways the EU reminds me of the Church of Scientology.
      In some way the UK reminds me of Dante's seven circles of hell.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Interesting point.... when did we get a chance to vote for whether we would need to vote for an MEP?
        I would suspect by voting in a general election after reading the various political parties manifesto's and seeing whether they wanted to join the EU or not...Presumably, like the rest of the general populace who are entitled to vote you would have researched what that entails and noticed that it would have given you the vote for an MEP
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          So you won't be rushing back then. Today just gets better and better.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Is that why you left?
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              63 cretinous posts so far. 937 until the next intelligent" one.
              What "next intelligent" one?
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                So you won't be rushing back then. Today just gets better and better.
                Not my choice - remember?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Is that why you left?
                  He can check out any time but he can never leave.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html

Comment

No parallel trade talks

...just pay the bill

I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's weird how history can pretty much repeat itself, albeit in slightly disguised forms.

A couple of weeks ago I bought Series 1 of the Tudors in a charity shop for a couple of quid, and have been watching it in my lodgings on and off since.

One thing that struck me was all-too-familiar attitude of the Papacy over Henry VIII's "great matter", his desire to divorce his first wife. Considering the seriousness of the possible outcome, which the Pope must have been aware, of denying the divorce it was a mixture of bone-headed obstinate stupidity and conceit in delaying and denying the King's wishes, although in fairness there was also an element of impotence on account of some other powerful countries pressurising the Pope.

It seems likely the EU will make exactly the same mistake in the UK's exit negotiations, and for the same reasons, namely a mixture of arrogance and thrall to a couple of powerful countries.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X