• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marine A gets out in 2 weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Cry me a river snowflake.
    I wondered how long it would take for the Snowflake insult to be thrown my way. Must admit, i was expecting it today not the first day of the thread.

To take a quote from Wiki :
    "Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a term used to characterize people who became adults in the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own. The term is considered derogatory"

Firstly, thanks for thinking I was born in the 80's. I wish, but I'll take the compliment anyway. I would guess we're of the same generation, it's just that only one of us has reached maturity.

Secondly, I'm not taking offence or feeling emotionally vulnerable to those who are challenging my views. Ironically it is you guys who are struggling to understand that there are those out there that do not support your views, and you get upset by this and because you can't use force over the internet you resort to name calling, trolling and attempt verbal bullying. I pity your ignorance and feel sorry that your views are so blinkered.

Finally, I take the snowflake insult the same as the Godwin's Law. The longer the debate goes on, the more likely that those losing the argument will resort to throwing out the snowflake insult thus conceding the argument and ending the thread.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I wondered how long it would take for the Snowflake insult to be thrown my way. Must admit, i was expecting it today not the first day of the thread.

"Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a term used to characterize people who became adults in the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own. The term is considered derogatory"

Firstly, thanks for thinking I was born in the 80's. I wish, but I'll take the compliment anyway. I would guess we're of the same generation, it's just that only one of us has reached maturity.

Secondly, I'm not taking offence or feeling emotionally vulnerable to those who are challenging my views. Ironically it is you guys who are struggling to understand that there are those out there that do not support your views, and you get upset by this and because you can't use force over the internet you resort to name calling, trolling and attempt verbal bullying. I pity your ignorance and feel sorry that your views are so blinkered.

Finally, I take the snowflake insult the same as the Godwin's Law. The longer the debate goes on, the more likely that those losing the argument will resort to throwing out the snowflake insult thus conceding the argument and ending the thread.
      Don't mind shauny, he's just virtue signalling.

Comment

This is the culture of CUK these days unfortunately

Comment

We must all think the same!

They think they are on Twitter, Facebook or some sort of other social media platform where the only people you interact with have and echo your views. They actually exhibit more of the characteristics of Generation Snowflake by not realising other people on internet forums disagree with them.

BTW As a "liberal elite urbanite" I disagree with you but it was interesting reading your point of view.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            No, he means the time he dropped a 50p coin in Greggs!!
            In Gregg's what? G-string?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So, because the Taliban act like animals it's Ok for us to act the same? Should we also be stoning people to death in Trafalgar Sq because someone doesn't have the same view as us (don't give NLUK ideas, you know what he's like with newbies who haven't spoken to their accountant!).? Should we be publicly beheading criminals?

The Geneva Convention is there to stop war crimes. Despite this, war crimes are still enacted but hopefully less than there would be without the convention in place.

This soldier made the wrong decision and to me it was a cold blooded killing. The law must decide how to class that killing, but whatever tag it gives it, it was still a cold blooded killing! And as said earlier, how would the frothing masses have reacted had that video been of an insurgent executing a defenseless British soldier? You all know the answer, yet when the shoe is on the other foot we act like it's Ok.

It's like a foreigner's life is worth less than a British life when all human life should be valued equally.
              Have you been a soldier then?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Have you been a soldier then?
                Probably not, otherwise he'd know that the two most important lives on the battlefield are the men either side of you.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  He did, his mate didn't.
                  Admitting his guilt didn't really help his case.

Smashing all cameras and shouting "he's shot all our cameras, he must be armed" then slotting the Taliban, just might have worked, but then I've not been in that situation before, nor am I a Royal Marine.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Stupid question... Have the Taliban signed the Geneva Convention?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                      Stupid question... Have the Taliban signed the Geneva Convention?
                      You don't sign the convention just by living in certain countries you are subject to it.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X