• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Total fatalities/injuries from terrorism in the UK since 1970

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Yes, this year 7000 women had their vaginas stiched in the UK.
    You realise women don't think from their vaginas like men think from their penises, right?

On the other hand considering where you are from I'm not surprised you don't think women who can read and write are witches and they should be drowned/burnt to confirm whether they are.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

He won't speak because a large number of Muslims have brown skin
      A fact too often used to suppress argument by denouncing any mention of a real problem as racism. Islam is not just a religion, it is a political creed upon which the laws of many nations are based . It was ok to comment on communism In the 70s when left wing terrorist groups were a major problem in Europe, the US and South America and the USSR was a threat. What's the difference?

I agree that governments need to handle things carefully and public figures need to be careful of what they say to avoid raising resentment against ordinary Muslims but turning a blind eye to a real problem does not help them at all. If a problem within a group is not addressed then resentment against the group as a whole will only grow. "A plague on both your houses" as Shakespeare said.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 26 March 2017, 18:47.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        On the other hand considering where you are from I'm not surprised you don't think women who can read and write are witches and they should be drowned/burnt to confirm whether they are.
        And straight to the stereotypical generalisation mode so loved by the morally pompous when they realise their contentions are on thin ice.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          He won't speak because a large number of Muslims have brown skin and so as far as he's concerned they are the "other". He is ignorant of the fact that even today on the mainland there are people who think and will openly say that those who are from island of Ireland are the "other".

Mind you it must be nice having the leader of the opposition and the shadow chancellor sharing your views on the IRA. I wonder if minestrone is anti-Semitic as well...
          My father served in the British army, as did his father and his father before. My great grandfather moved to Scotland from Ireland to fight for the British in the second Boer war.

Comment

lWhy exactly did you feed the need to go full on "minestrone hates jews"

Comment

Anyways, I think equating all of this stuff in the current time to Irish politics and trying to reason our way out of it is a foolhardy approach.

The Islamic armies burned the great Library of Alexandria in the 7th century. With a binary approach that all the books that were unislamic should be burned and those that agreed should be burned as well as they were unimportant as the koran was already there.

1400 years on the general ****wittery exhibited by a great number of this religion shows no signs of abatement, sticking fingers in ears and pretending it's not happening is not going to work.
              What should we make of the 1924 church sanctioned burning of immoral books including those that glorify unmarried mothers in the newly created Irish Free State?

Comment

lWhy exactly did you feed the need to go full on "minestrone hates jews"
                I was just checking whether you have the same beliefs as Komrade Korbyn.

I actually find it interesting when some people are challenged using politicians views as a comparison that they can answer, but when they are asked simple questions on their political beliefs they refuse to.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  And straight to the stereotypical generalisation mode so loved by the morally pompous when they realise their contentions are on thin ice.

Actually I was taking the p*ss due to this comment:

Yes, this year 7000 women had their vaginas stiched in the UK.
                  Clearly being male you didn't realise why it could be considered offensive.

Then again I've been warned by other members of this forum who don't identify as male that you are f***ing thick as a block of wood.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    What should we make of the 1924 church sanctioned burning of immoral books including those that glorify unmarried mothers in the newly created Irish Free State?
                    You are mean.

The UK also did nasty things to children of unmarried mothers and their children in days gone by. Though at least we don't do things like this now linky

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      A fact too often used to suppress argument by denouncing any mention of a real problem as racism. Islam is not just a religion, it is a political creed upon which the laws of many nations are based . It was ok to comment on communism In the 70s when left wing terrorist groups were a major problem in Europe, the US and South America and the USSR was a threat. What's the difference?

I agree that governments need to handle things carefully and public figures need to be careful of what they say to avoid raising resentment against ordinary Muslims but turning a blind eye to a real problem does not help them at all. If a problem within a group is not addressed then resentment against the group as a whole will only grow. "A plague on both your houses" as Shakespeare said.
                      So are Islamists correct to comment on western democracies and their penchant for wars and proxy wars in the Middle East?

Comment

Working...
                      X