• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Total fatalities/injuries from terrorism in the UK since 1970

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Then again, a good percentage are happy to vote Sinn Fein come rain or shine.
    Probably because they believe in the idea of a Unified Ireland. That does not necessarily signify that they are supportive of Terrorism, nor is that concept the sole preserve of Catholics.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Probably because they believe in the idea of a Unified Ireland. That does not necessarily signify that they are supportive of Terrorism, nor is that concept the sole preserve of Catholics.
      Why not the SDLP option? Voting in NI is basically a sectarian head count. Even the Brexit vote in NI illustrated left and right (plus middle class North Down).

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        You don't think that now we realise that the Government can & should prevent them is a driver?
        If you know how the government can prevent terrorist attacks I suggest you tell someone. I think you'll find lots of people would like to know.

We saw the IRA as a war, casualties were expected. We see ISIS as terrorist scum.
        I don't know who the "we" that you claim to be speaking for are, but from my point of view as someone who grew up in the 70s/80s the IRA were definitely terrorists. Whereas ISIS are a slightly mysterious organisation that inhabit part of the Middle East and aren't really any direct threat to us, beyond perhaps inspiring the odd nutter. Unlike the IRA, we don't even really know what this bloke wanted.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Why not the SDLP option? Voting in NI is basically a sectarian head count. Even the Brexit vote in NI illustrated left and right (plus middle class North Down).
          Well to be fair, if I lived in NI the SDLP would probably get my vote. Always thought John Hume was an honourable bloke.

That said, although I had a fantastic weekend over in Belfast last year with the missus and some friends of ours, the province is probably not the ideal place for me to live full time.
          The mortality rate for Celtic supporting ex-soldiers is probably not that impressive.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Well to be fair, if I lived in NI the SDLP would probably get my vote. Always thought John Hume was an honourable bloke.

That said, although I had a fantastic weekend over in Belfast last year with the missus and some friends of ours, the province is probably not the ideal place for me to live full time.
            The mortality rate for Celtic supporting ex-soldiers is probably not that impressive.
            Certainly an unusual mix.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              So if you said ISIS are an army for Islam, you wouldn't be an ISIS apologist?
              Absolutely not, ISIS are an army for Islam, but in a war, the soldiers combat against soldiers, not civilians. So ISIS are an "army" of a bloody terrorists.

Comment

Now that's what I call being caught between a rock and a hard place.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

the we was the western media. As mentioned before the US were very pro IRA

The 5 best and worst films about the Troubles - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...epublican_Army

apart from zero dark 30 Al Qaeda and co don't have many movie credits, none where the hero is a muslim.

Again for the avoidance of Doubt the IRA are horrid IMO
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    London 1993 - that is terrorism. We didn't ban Irish people or Catholics, we understood it was just a small group of *****:

Jesus Christ, I checked about this and I'm surprised that only occur one dead and 44 non-fatal injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                      Jesus Christ, I checked about this and I'm surprised that only occur one dead and 44 non-fatal injuries.
                      Civilian casualties were low as it was a Saturday morning and the City was typically occupied by only a small number of residents, office workers, security guards, builders, and maintenance staff.
                      The City used to be empty on the weekend back then. Not sure what its like now.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X