• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good news

Just to counter all the horrible stuff, drinking alcohol is good for you. Time for a vodka!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...l-study-claims
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I don't believe in this article.

It's well knowned that the moderation of red wine is good for the heart and for increasing the HDL cholesterol.

This article about white drinks is bulltulip, is just for consuming drinks and good for the Bars.

Comment

It has been well known for decades that if you drink a couple of units a week you live longer than a teetotaler. Though they don't tell you what to drink...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        It has been well known for decades that if you drink a couple of units a week you live longer than a teetotaler. Though they don't tell you what to drink...

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Comment

I care not whether it is good for me. I like it and therefore I will continue to drink as often as possible. Cotswold Gin is my favourite at the minute, can't get enough of the stuff

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              In the UK probably, but it's well known for decades regarding red wine. I did an experience myself drinking at lunch a glass of red wine, after 1 month I did blood analyses and the LDL cholesterol decreased and the HDL increased.
              Last edited by Bee; 24 March 2017, 14:33.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                I care not whether it is good for me. I like it and therefore I will continue to drink as often as possible. Cotswold Gin is my favourite at the minute, can't get enough of the stuff
                In Portugal, we say that the alcohol preserves the body, as a joke

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Just to counter all the horrible stuff, drinking alcohol is good for you. Time for a vodka!
                  Make sure you stock up your nuclear fallout shelter....

Comment

Working...
                  X