• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Goody they put their most reasonable negotiator on it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers.

HTH, BIKIW.
    Indeed why are we beggars? is it us with our bowl out asking for dollar for leaving the club?

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Why would they take anyone on board who potentially will be kicked out of the country soon? Just a very wise company strategy
    Wow - maybe black people will potentially rob more based on stats from prison so best not give them a job then.

You cannot make a decision based on maybe something in the future could happen especially when it is clearly discriminatory.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I didn't miss that. I took the bit that said what they were attempting was not legal and commented on that. If you put too many points across the Bremainers get confused.

I want a sensible orderly exit discussed like adults the EU want to turn it into a punishment detail because they are terrified their members will all leave, can't imagine why if the EU is so great.
      Because the right wing nut jobs are playing the populist card only rambling about the negative sides of being in the EU, without pointing out the positives. This is exactly what happened in the UK, where the simpletons were brainwashed by propaganda like 350mil/week for the NHS and anti-immigration rhetoric. Doesn't mean the EU is bad

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Indeed why are we beggars? is it us with our bowl out asking for dollar for leaving the club?
        We are beggars because we need (and they know it) access to the club after exit.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          What the government will do is put in place the restrictions they could have put in before Brexit. Then say it's a win.
          ^^This.

If the government had used the EU's own rules on non-citizens not being being able to claim from the state and also insisted on private medical healthcare then we wouldn't have had such a large influx.
          The usual British government innefficiency for which they blame the EU.

I am hoping for a hard Brexit though because (1) I'll profit from it (2) There'll be nowhere for our politicians to hide (3) quite a few people need an economic education of the most fundamental kind - the kind that hurts
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

^^This.

If the government had used the EU's own rules on non-citizens not being being able to claim from the state and also insisted on private medical healthcare then we wouldn't have had such a large influx.
            The usual British government innefficiency for which they blame the EU.

I am hoping for a hard Brexit though because (1) I'll profit from it (2) There'll be nowhere for our politicians to hide (3) quite a few people need an economic education of the most fundamental kind - the kind that hurts
            Damn it - I agree with all of that.

(4) the UK is fat and lazy and needs a slap (5) the magic bubble has to pop so let's get on with it (6) fascinating going to watch it all, but boring business as usual, this is proper history in the making.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The problem is people won't learn from a harsh economic lesson as they'll simply go on about punishment and try to invoke the spirit of the Blitz. And as half the population think it's 1941 that'll work quite well.

I think we'll end up with an EEA like interim deal, because there's obviously not enough time to negotiate anything else, and then with any luck the public will simply get bored with Brexit, or Brexiteers will have become too infirm to vote, and a future government will decide to make it permanent. Which to my mind wouldn't be a bad outcome, and I might have even voted for it if it had been an option.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                The problem is people won't learn from a harsh economic lesson as they'll simply go on about punishment and try to invoke the spirit of the Blitz. And as half the population think it's 1941 that'll work quite well.
                Great. That means being well off will mean something again.
                The chavs will holiday in Margate again, drive small Vauxhalls and live in cold draughty prefabs they cant afford to heat.
                Last edited by sasguru; 24 March 2017, 14:05.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Great. That means being well off will mean something again.
                  The chavs will holiday in Margate again, drive small Vauxhalls and live in cold draughty prefabs they cant afford to heat.
                  Indeed

Post Brexit Prefab Britain

They want a 1950's Britain and a 1950's Britain is exactly what they're going to get.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Oh right I get it - we are not allowed to talk about it before we trigger article 50.

But it is perfectly OK for the French to discriminate against UK citizens?

There would be no confusion if the EU had done the decent thing and talked about it.

Do you realise how completely hypocritical this makes the French look? Does the rest of Europe feel the same way?
                    Yup. The general consensus is the Brits are idiots. Even Easter Europeans seem to think that. Well... I'd say it's more complex than that, but they just don't want the trouble. You wanted to be free? Float away, then...
                    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      +1. There was more immigration from outside the EU than from within. That should have been cut to zero a few years ago. Then all the Brexit stuff would have been avoided.

Sadly its a small island and its full.
                      Well the current Prime Minister could have done that but she didn't, instead she cut back the immigration service. Now she's leading Britain into the wilderness, be afraid, very afraid
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X