• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Goody they put their most reasonable negotiator on it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    FTYY
    What do you think is going to happen then?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      The PM has outlined the starting position as has the EU.

Somewhere in the middle will be the conclusion (unless it all completely unravels due to too many cooks).

I think a deal is most likely. The UK will need to make some compromises. Perhaps a generous quota will be agreed over the interim period framed as a transitional break. Politicians on both sides don't want to lose face - but things can be dressed up and spun to suit both sides.

I don't have a crystal ball, this is just an an opinion.
      So in other words we're going to have a non-Brexit Brexit?
      A kind of Brexit-ish or Brexit-light.
      Or to put it bluntly this whole thing has been a complete waste of time, energy and money that could have put into something more constructive like fixing our British-made flaws: education, productivity, breeding idiots, the health system, allowing in EU citizens who we could have kept out by insisting they had private insurance etc etc etc etc etc rather than blaming the EU for stuff that we've caused

Well blow me down with a fooking feather.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I wish you could be banned with a fooking feather.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          I will be laughing as I'm one of the few contracting Brits who also has an EU passport, picking up those well paying contracts in the EU and especially Switzerland after Brexit. The brexiteers will rot away in their derelict seaside towns with nothing else to do but trying and failing to restore their collapsed piers and rusty amusement parks, but hey they have "freedom" and their own undemocratically elected houses of Parliament
          I came back from France where I had meetings with potential clients. They told me they are already giving priority to the non-British EU passport holders, because they do not want to burden themselves with an unclear legal status of British contractors/employees after Brexit. They are looking at attracting Eastern European IT personnel, especially those who have worked in the UK.

Personally, I'm staying in the UK for now, but I am learning French and German. Just in case my EU passport gets me kicked out of here and welcomed over there.
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I wish you could be banned with a fooking feather.
            Yeah it must be galling to be reminded what an utter moron you are on a regular basis.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              So in other words we're going to have a non-Brexit Brexit?
              A kind of Brexit-ish or Brexit-light.
              Or to put it bluntly this whole thing has been a complete waste of time, energy and money that could have put into something more constructive like fixing our British-made flaws: education, productivity, breeding idiots, the health system, allowing in EU citizens who we could have kept out by insisting they had private insurance etc etc etc etc etc rather than blaming the EU for stuff that we've caused

I didn't say that.

I said a transitional deal seems most likely before we get to FTA:

Full member state - transitionary exiting state - FTA independent state
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Oh goody, we're going to be released from the commitment of being able to sell into Europe without tariffs
                We're going to be released from the commitment of being able to buy raw materials from Europe without tariffs for our massive manufacturing industry.
                We're going to have the opportunity to open up disused manufacturing plants, such as Nissan in Sunderland.
                It's all good news.

...and don't forget that if Europe decide to negotiate rather than just give everything away, then it's not the fault of Brexit but of those nasty Europeans.
                Don't forget, no foreigners. We don't have to take any foreigners. In a few years this country will be back to it's natural shade of pale white & the streets of London will be paid with gold again for all those who are truly British.

Hurrah!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I thought it would be someone we couldn't work with due to their unreasonable demands.

https://www.ft.com/content/e7c69670-...0-768954394623
                  I can't work with that FT website, due to its unreasonable demands for money!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I can't work with that FT website, due to its unreasonable demands for money!
                    Britain will face nuclear fuel shortages, truck queues at Dover and “serious disruption” to air traffic if Brexit talks fail, the EU’s chief negotiator has warned as he outlined conditions for an “ambitious” UK-EU trade deal.
                    basically

In short there will be a transitional deal and May will be a very unpopular Prime minister.

just like all her predecessors.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      basically

In short there will be a transitional deal and May will be a very unpopular Prime minister.

just like all her predecessors.

Unless she calls an election soon, looks like her political strategy is to hope the Brexit talks succeed and say to the nation, "look what I pulled out of the hat". So it'll be presented as a success whatever happens.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X