• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Skis - Head or Hart?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Rent of course. Thought of buying to get the best kit crossed my mind but lugging it over makes no sense.
    Very wise. I expect they have an extensive range of beginner's skis at most resorts anyway.

Besides, I expect quite a chunk of your luggage allowance is spoken for carting your quilted incontinence pants across to the continent.

Psssshhhhhh!!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      FTFY
      Sorry mate, this is a thread about skiing.
      It's not for Brexiters.
      Do you know how much it costs, post pound plunge?
      Never mind, for your lot, I think Milton Keynes has some kind of dome.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Very wise. I expect they have an extensive range of beginner's skis at most resorts anyway.

Besides, I expect quite a chunk of your luggage allowance is spoken for carting your quilted incontinence pants across to the continent.

Psssshhhhhh!!!
        I'd suggest the dome for you too, but they've yet to invent a slope for mobility scooters.
        But hey, look on the bright side, post Brexit, when your sinecure public sector job gets canned, I've given you a brilliant business proposition, what!
        SG in "help the Brexiter plebs, for they do not know what they're doing" mode.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

But hey, look on the bright side, post Brexit, when your sinecure public sector job gets canned, I've given you a brilliant business proposition, what!
          In light of the last day or two's activities, I'd say my private sector job, providing the means by which the Emergency Services look after the nation's welfare, is safer than ever.
          It's an ill wind and all that.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            In light of the last day or two's activities, I'd say my private sector job, providing the means by which the Emergency Services look after the nation's welfare, is safer than ever.
            It's an ill wind and all that.
            You just don't get it do you? Post Brexit there won't be much terrorism because rUK won't be important enough. These guys want to publicity. Some failing island on the flanks of Europe won't be worth bothering with.
            Hth bidi
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well, given that my Head supplier can get me better deals than I can get on Hart, I'll continue with Head. It's not as good as my deal was with K2, but never mind.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Never really seen the point of owning ski's. Lugging them to and from the hire shop is an arsehole, but surely less of an arsehole than lugging them through an airport along with the rest of your gear AND having to pay as much as hiring some for the privilege.

Until i'm at the point where i can fly straight into courcheval, i'll stick to the hire shops.

Comment

New Skis - Head or Hart?

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Never really seen the point of owning ski's. Lugging them to and from the hire shop is an arsehole, but surely less of an arsehole than lugging them through an airport along with the rest of your gear AND having to pay as much as hiring some for the privilege.

Until i'm at the point where i can fly straight into courcheval, i'll stick to the hire shops.
                  If you do more than 1 week a year they can be worthwhile, also if you go late season or to resorts where the rental are trashed. A few years ago, ski carriage was free in any class on most airlines. Back then I was skiing 3-4 weeks a year.

You're welcome to fly direct to Courchevel (note the spelling), I'll stick to Austria/Italy/Switzerland/Utah.
                  I would consider renting when our current skis are done, but for now I'll be servicing them tomorrow morning before our afternoon flight.

My current quiver is:
                  Head 1200i RD (semi retired/skiing at home/rock skis
                  Head SuperShape Speed (main ones)
                  K2 Seth Pistols (the ones with the Union Jack bases)
                  Fischer race blades (haven't been used in 10+ years)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Post Brexit there won't be much terrorism because rUK won't be important enough.
                    Of course there won't. Brexit was a real gamechanger as regards islamic fundamentalism.
                    I expect they were just desperate to squeeze wednesday's attack in prior to Article 50 being triggered.

You really are a special kind of dim!!

Comment

I Always buy Atomic https://www.atomic.com/de-de

Comment

Working...
                      X