• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car - Head or Heart?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car - Head or Heart?

Not driven for a long time, sold my car a while back, now I'm looking at jumping back in, dunno whether go for sensible, or second mid life crisis....

So, I've narrowed it down to Hyundai Ioniq (hybrid, will go by lease) or 8 year old Maserati Quattroporte, will buy.

Head says Ioniq, heart says Maser.

I've always had odd-ball cars and never suffered, and every time I try a new car I'm never happy, cheap and plasticky, no style, but at my age now seems to be sensible thing to do.

Ioniq: Cheap to lease and run, lots of toys, boring as fook, can't get excited about it.

Maser: Ace V8 burble, paddle box, lots of toys but no modern toys like iPhone integration etc, exciting, not cheap to run.

I should go for the Ioniq, ticks all but one box (no wow factor) but I want to go with the Maser, ticks only one box really.

Think I know what I should do now having aired it here! Has to be sensible.....

Depends.

Find out the insurance for both -you may be surprised.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Get one of each.

Comment

Or a Porsche Panamera?

Bit more reliable than a Maserati.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Not driven for a long time, sold my car a while back, now I'm looking at jumping back in, dunno whether go for sensible, or second mid life crisis....

So, I've narrowed it down to Hyundai Ioniq (hybrid, will go by lease) or 8 year old Maserati Quattroporte, will buy.

Head says Ioniq, heart says Maser.

I've always had odd-ball cars and never suffered, and every time I try a new car I'm never happy, cheap and plasticky, no style, but at my age now seems to be sensible thing to do.

Ioniq: Cheap to lease and run, lots of toys, boring as fook, can't get excited about it.

Maser: Ace V8 burble, paddle box, lots of toys but no modern toys like iPhone integration etc, exciting, not cheap to run.

I should go for the Ioniq, ticks all but one box (no wow factor) but I want to go with the Maser, ticks only one box really.

Think I know what I should do now having aired it here! Has to be sensible.....
          Easy.

Take one step back, have a conversation with yourself and ask whether sasguru would drive it
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Or a Porsche Panamera?

Bit more reliable than a Maserati.
            Porsche does nowt for me, I've had Masers before, never had any problems. Same with Alfas and Lancias, I've had loads, only one was a lemon - Alfa 33, load of crap.

I kind of like going into the dealership and just getting one without pissing about checking rare cars all over the country and finding fault. Best to treat it as a tool not a cool thing....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Porsche does nowt for me, I've had Masers before, never had any problems. Same with Alfas and Lancias, I've had loads, only one was a lemon - Alfa 33, load of crap.

I kind of like going into the dealership and just getting one without pissing about checking rare cars all over the country and finding fault. Best to treat it as a tool not a cool thing....
              Fair enough. Granturismo not appropriate for you? One of the best looking cars on the road imho.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Go with your heart. The one thing we don't have the luxury of changing is time. We can afford to lose a couple of K swapping cars but you can't change anything when you sit there and say 'I wish I'd...... '
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Maserati Quattroporte - yum, yum.

Comment

Imho life is too short to drive crap cars if you can afford nice ones. The only reason not to buy something nice is if you are afraid of putting the miles on it if you suddenly get a long commute role.

I have known too many guys with decent cars rotting in the garage while they drive diesel golfs around all week to keep the miles down...

Comment

Working...
                    X