• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shots outside of parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most people who call themselves Muslim, Christian, whatever*, share that, aside from calling themselves Christians/Muslims etc., they really have very little knowledge of their purported faith
    Rather coincides with my experience. Maybe those of us who have been indoctrinated with it for a long time, doing RE at school every day for 13 years, eventually grasp what utter crap it all is.

That's an idea. Send those radical Islamists on an intensive five year Islamic course, it may bore them back to their senses.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My take on this latest attack is it is "Islamist inspired" murder. It doesn't look like Islamist State or similar were orchestrating this.

Comment

My take on this latest attack is it is "Islamist inspired" murder. It doesn't look like Islamist State or similar were orchestrating this.
        Mental health issues, life problems seem to be the main cause in many cases. They look for meaning. In my day people just became hippies and dropped out. Much less of a problem, although it didn't do a lot for their careers. Chap I was at uni. with was working as a postman last I saw him.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Can you recall that period in the 80s when American politicians were going apetulip after listing to black Sabbath LPs backwards?

30 years on and you can't question a book that turns people into psychotic fruitloops.

Comment

No. Sounds fun though. How do you rig a record player to play an LP backwards? Have to ask Zeity.
            bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              No. Sounds fun though. How do you rig a record player to play an LP backwards? Have to ask Zeity.
              You just kind of push it backwards.

Judas Priest's Subliminal Message Trial: Rob Halford Looks Back - Rolling Stone

The fall out got pretty big, I'm sure there was a senate hearing on it. I suppose telling voters their kids are going to be possessed by devil music is quite a good mechanism for popularity in certain states of the US.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Rather coincides with my experience. Maybe those of us who have been indoctrinated with it for a long time, doing RE at school every day for 13 years, eventually grasp what utter crap it all is.

That's an idea. Send those radical Islamists on an intensive five year Islamic course, it may bore them back to their senses.
                The reality is somewhat different however...

According to 100 Years of Nobel Prize (2005), a review of Nobel prizes awarded between 1901 and 2000, 65.4% of Nobel Prize Laureates, have identified Christianity in its various forms as their religious preference (427 prizes).[5] Overall, Christians have won a total of 78.3% of all the Nobel Prizes in Peace, 72.5% in Chemistry, 65.3% in Physics, 62% in Medicine, 54% in Economics and 49.5% of all Literature awards.
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...obel_laureates

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  You just kind of push it backwards.

Judas Priest's Subliminal Message Trial: Rob Halford Looks Back - Rolling Stone

The fall out got pretty big, I'm sure there was a senate hearing on it. I suppose telling voters their kids are going to be possessed by devil music is quite a good mechanism for popularity in certain states of the US.
                  What US president has ever been elected who doesn't claim to be Christian and doesn't have the backing of some random pastor?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    What US president has ever been elected who doesn't claim to be Christian and doesn't have the backing of some random pastor?
                    That was the excuse for the Gulf War. Listening to God. Both George W and Tony B Liar.

Shame they don't listen to the voters.

Comment

I wonder if May is doing a Blair and not acknowledging her papacy until leaving the Job

Comment

Working...
                      X