• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shots outside of parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    why do all muslim converts start blowing up things and killing people while the converts to any other relegion do not do this. What are they teaching them when they convert them to islam.
    It will save a lot of terror attacks if only police could maintain a database of all recent converts to islam
    obviuosly not all muslim converts do this but all people who do this all muslim converts
    sheeh its like you have to spell out each word for these 10 year olds.
    OK - you are a cretin. Thanks for clarifying.

Next, if...

all people who do this [blowing up things and killing people] all [sic] muslim converts
    ... are you saying that Timothy McVeigh was a Muslim convert?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      No but, in my limited experience, it does seem to be the case that people tend to convert, or embrace other ideas in a rather over the top way, when things have gone wrong in their lives. Looking for comfort I suppose. Their problems, like criminality as in this bloke's case, exist before the conversion.
      Having said that, the local Jehovah's Witness convert does limit himself to putting up a stand of leaflets at the train station on a Thursday morning.

Comment

Most do fairly harmless things fortunately. Chap I shared a house with used to spend the entire morning every day reading the bible and making copious notes. He'd gone through a messy divorce and had a breakdown previously.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Having said that, the local Jehovah's Witness convert does limit himself to putting up a stand of leaflets at the train station on a Thursday morning.
          I see this lot every morning without fail near Sheffield Uni.

I do wonder if is there much job satisfaction standing there with pamphlet in hands?

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

obviuosly not all muslim converts do this but all people who do this all muslim converts
            sheeh its like you have to spell out each word for these 10 year olds.
            Is there is any evidence on this?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              No but, in my limited experience, it does seem to be the case that people tend to convert, or embrace other ideas in a rather over the top way
              Sure. The most zealous anti-smokers are ex-smokers.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                I've heard of people converting in order to get married but why women would otherwise wish to convert is beyond me.

Maybe, like Cherie Blair's sister, they like the "look at me" kudos all that Islamic garb is going to buy you.
                There is not one Muslim culture and one Muslim denomination/sect.

Therefore some people particularly men convert to marry, but I know off and met others who don't.

The main reason for converting is due working out how to bring up any children.I know of divorced where one of the issues is how religious one partner was and forcing it on their children.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Currently away from the UK with almost no internet but had to reply to this thread after seeing who the killer was.

He was a black convert (as you already have discussed).

There are white converts fighting with ISIS and they are proportionally a much larger number than non-whites. Maybe the problem is because they are white/black rather than brown?

As for female converts, there are very large numbers of them just like there are with Christianity. The figure head for Muslims and Christians alike is Mary who wears something very similar to the hijab..... go figure fools. The real war that is going is one against religion and trying to cause division. Any of you working in major cities and having real Christian/Muslims friends will realise there is actually very little difference.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Currently away from the UK with almost no internet but had to reply to this thread after seeing who the killer was.

He was a black convert (as you already have discussed).

There are white converts fighting with ISIS and they are proportionally a much larger number than non-whites. Maybe the problem is because they are white/black rather than brown?

As for female converts, there are very large numbers of them just like there are with Christianity. The figure head for Muslims and Christians alike is Mary who wears something very similar to the hijab..... go figure fools. The real war that is going is one against religion and trying to cause division. Any of you working in major cities and having real Christian/Muslims friends will realise there is actually very little difference.

Why are we fools? There is interesting historic information out there about why women are veiled and it is nothing to do with religion.

And what is a "real" Christian? And what is a "real" Muslim? I know and am related to people who practice religions.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      ...friends will realise there is actually very little difference.
                      In many experience, most people who call themselves Muslim, Christian, whatever*, share that, aside from calling themselves Christians/Muslims etc., they really have very little knowledge of their purported faith. So you're right, for all practical purposes, there's very little difference between the nominal adherents to any religion. For them, it's the culture they've grown up with that is significant.

* Except Pastafarians, who generally know everything about his noodliness.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X