• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shots outside of parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    He's brown with a beard - unless it's Martin McGuinness' Somalian cousin, I think we can assume it's the one most commonly referred to as the religion of peace.
    Rastafarianism?

Sikhism?

Christianity?

Sorry, you're going to have to be more explicit

Comment

Some footage....

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I hope I'm more charitable when your town gets hit by Islamist terrorists.
        Edit: It's so very easy to be holier than f**king thou when it happens somewhere else.
        What an odd statement - I was only a couple of miles away (And was due to be up there for food tonight) and I still think you're a pleb.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Not actually what he said, though. Talking last September about an explosion in New York, he said "What I do know is that part and parcel of living in a great global city is you've got to be prepared for these things, you've got to be vigilant, you've got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job, you've got to support the security services, and I think speculating when you don't know the facts is unwise."

Donald Trump's son is for some reason (probably to do with being the lying racist offspring of a lying racist) doing his best today to take this out of context, and even changing the words around a bit to suit his lying racist agenda, but there's no need to let yourself get taken in by the lying racist's misrepresentations when you can watch the interview yourself on George Osborne's new blog: New York explosion: Sadiq Khan says terror attacks are 'part and parcel of life in a big city' | London Evening Standard
          Ah, is that where this tulip on Facebook is coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            What an odd statement - I was only a couple of miles away (And was due to be up there for food tonight) and I still think you're a pleb.
            Tbh, you can think what you like, it's a free country, and I wouldn't dream of criticising you for doing do. You can call me a pleb if it makes you feel big and better, it's water off a duck's back. My comment wasn't directed at you, just in case you didn't notice.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So during the "troubles" you'd say the UK had "a Christian problem" the way you now claim we have "a Muslim problem"? these peoples' view of Islam is about as accurate as the IRA representing the Roman Catholic church. Which, since you aren't well educated, is to say "not very". They're radicalised extremists attributing their actions to a religion which wants nothing to do with them.
              You do have a curious way of twisting things, don't you. As you and a couple of others were falling over yourselves to deny this had anything to do with Islam, I was merely pointing out that it looked like (and subsequent eyewitness reports have backed this up) it had everything to do with an individual who was acting "on behalf" of an Islamist group. We'll find out which one sometime soon, but I think we can all guess.
              And while we're on the subject of you calling me out for being an uneducated f**kwit, you are the one who brought NI into the argument, although when it all kicked off the first time, religion was merely a footnote. But then you'd know that, because you're a f**king genius. And if you'd care to point out exactly where I said we have a "muslim problem" I'd be grateful. Because I didn't. Still, don't let that stop you making a twat of yourself.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                I see.... so the colour of your skin and length of your facial hair determines your susceptibility to becoming first a Muslim and then a terrorist?

I get your highly scientific logic.
                As much as I disagree with what a lot of LondonManc has said this evening his reference was as to whether the nutter was an IRA nutter or an Islamic nutter. The reference to beard and skin was an indication that it was not likely to be an IRA nutter. This is not based on racism at all, he did not say all muslims are evil nor did he say all Irish catholics are evil just that on the chances of probability it was likely to be an Islamic nutter. I haven't seen any pictures of black or asian people in the IRA. Could be that the ethnic minority IRA members always wear the balaclavas I guess...

And LondonManc - how could you not call this a Lone Wolf attack? Or an attack by a radicalised individual? All the attacks to date have been by the same kind of lost souls that you find inhabiting the outer fringes of extreme Christianity. They are nutters and if you believe they act with the blessing of the majority of muslims then

Comment

I think LondonManc reacts to the Lone Wolf epithet because he believes that when people use it, they're really saying "not a muslim", or they're denying the link to Islam. He sees the phrase as something used by apologists for violence and gets all upset about liberalism. I think his reaction is wrong, not based on concern for the victims, but rather at outworking of a deep seated loathing of liberalism with a sprinkling of xenophobia. But maybe he's just a bit fick.

The headlines this morning say Islamist. The phrase "lone wolf" is used, not by apologists for Islamism, but in recognition that it seems he is not part of an organised group. He was acting alone, but may have had assistance from friends, and was certainly inspired by the like of ISIS propaganda - encouraging murder by vehicle and "martyrdom".
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Raid in Birmingham, tracing the address for the rented car.

Armed police seal off part of Birmingham in ongoing incident

http://dailym.ai/2o70lRS
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Nice try, but Southall isn't a Muslim area. Far from it. But then as a local you'd know that

Edit - thought you were someone else, didn't read properly.
                      Errrrmm, WTF my point was it looked like there may have been looking for other people too?
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X