• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A course for permanent employees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think that's how plumbers feel at the moment, like some great hero. Four screws, a bit of piping. 30 mins later, £200 please. Kerrrrrching!
    Looks like some CUKker's Plan B is coming together....

Comment

I hope that there will be a module in this course to prepare the perms for the 24/7 contractor lifestyle...

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Module for dealing with Agents

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
          Only bother with contracting if your in London or don't mind working in Germany.
          Nah, contracting is illegal in Germany after 1/4, new labour laws say so...ANÜ
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            I hope that there will be a module in this course to prepare the perms for the 24/7 contractor lifestyle...

FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by jub View Post
              What do you think about idea of a course for permanent employees to help start contracting?
              May I suggest a course for the other way around - contractors looking to go perm.
              You'll get a lot more takers, be providing something of real big-picture benefit, oh and reduce competition for contractors such as myself who would rather have their teeth pulled without anaesthetic than start a permanent job

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                May I suggest a course for the other way around - contractors looking to go perm.
                You'll get a lot more takers, be providing something of real big-picture benefit, oh and reduce competition for contractors such as myself who would rather have their teeth pulled without anaesthetic than start a permanent job
                Any true contractor would send a substitute that day.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

TBH at least for me anyway, contracting was a piece of piss compared to being permy, permy is a lot more demanding.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
                    TBH at least for me anyway, contracting was a piece of piss compared to being permy, permy is a lot more demanding.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Any true contractor would send a substitute that day.
                      That's just it - as a permie you can't!

Comment

Working...
                      X