• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banning laptops from flights handluggage!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banning laptops from flights handluggage!

Thats gonna make travelling annoying if you don't like checking laptops in the hold.

UK flight ban on devices to be announced - BBC News

Seeing how stuff can be chucked of airlines I wouldn't take one with me.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If they made you hand them over separately on boarding to go in a special area I could see it (I think some flights do this with hand-luggage when too full?) but having to pack them in your suitcase... nightmare.

Not sure what stopping a Muslim from reading their Kindle is going to achieve especially if they're allowed to bring on a phone.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

At least they've gone for the terrorist source countries this time, rather than the usual wrong suspects, although Pakistan should probably be on the list as well, but the London Mayor probably wouldn't like that.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If they made you hand them over separately on boarding to go in a special area I could see it (I think some flights do this with hand-luggage when too full?) but having to pack them in your suitcase... nightmare.

Not sure what stopping a Muslim from reading their Kindle is going to achieve especially if they're allowed to bring on a phone.
          They can take the bag of you and put it in the hold. BA did that to me years ago on a flight from Amsterdam. I was not impressed as no other airline including the cheap carriers had had a problem with that bag.

Comment

The Ceramic and Carbon Fiber Laptop Bags: An Innovative Use of Materials | Apartment Therapy

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Seeing how stuff can be chucked of airlines I wouldn't take one with me.
              When going on holiday, I always get the kids to throw their luggage down the stairs.

"But the things in it will get smashed" they wail.

"Then you haven't packed them properly" I respond.

Comment

This is actually the government's way of increasing baggage handler's wages
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                  Thats gonna make travelling annoying if you don't like checking laptops in the hold.

UK flight ban on devices to be announced - BBC News
                  I almost never have any checked luggage, only hand luggage. What will I do with my laptop, or sometimes two laptops?
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    I almost never have any checked luggage, only hand luggage. What will I do with my laptop, or sometimes two laptops?
                    Don't travel to or via the countries on the list as they have to go in the hold.

In short you now have to check them in and ensure your bag doesn't look like has laptops in.

Comment

Working...
                    X