• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This country is getting worse and worse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Just had an email from my accountant that they take away any benefit from flat rate. That's about 2.4k a year less. Great.
    Dividend tax increased. Again few k a year less
    Pound tumbled ¬20%. Great. Iphones 100£ more expensive. Superb.
    Absolutely massive competition when looking for contract. 30-50 per role in my area. Great
    Want to build BTL empire? Think again.
    Invest in properties? Risky
    And now Brexit, rise of racism, massive uncertainty.

The most astonishing thing is that a high rolling Bertie Big Potatoes like you has not simply taken your "talents" elsewhere.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      The most astonishing thing is that a high rolling Bertie Big Potatoes like you has not simply taken your "talents" elsewhere.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just had an email from my accountant that they take away any benefit from flat rate. That's about 2.4k a year less. Great.
        Dividend tax increased. Again few k a year less
        Pound tumbled ¬20%. Great. Iphones 100£ more expensive. Superb.
        Absolutely massive competition when looking for contract. 30-50 per role in my area. Great
        Want to build BTL empire? Think again.
        Invest in properties? Risky
        And now Brexit, rise of racism, massive uncertainty.
        Oh Dear™ Never Mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Oh Dear™ Never Mind.
          Boom just heard on the radio , the inflation jumped from projected 2.0% to 2.3% and economists say it might even be 3%. The radio speaker is laughing that he's seen 25% inflation and 3% is nothing so that's not an issue (another brexiteer).
          So no issue right ?
          Also petrol for 1.20
          Boomed

Comment

Boom just heard on the radio , the inflation jumped from projected 2.0% to 2.3% and economists say it might even be 3%. The radio speaker is laughing that he's seen 25% inflation and 3% is nothing so that's not an issue (another brexiteer).
            So no issue right ?
            Also petrol for 1.20
            Boomed
            And yet still you are here, gurning and whining.
            Can't be all that bad then.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

This country is getting worse and worse

So no issue right ?
              Also petrol for 1.20
              Boomed
              RPI and CPI are very different beasts.

RPI is currently 3.2%

Even when oil went ape tulip CPI was still low.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 22 March 2017, 08:55.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                And yet still you are here, gurning and whining.
                Can't be all that bad then.

And 600K turn up to the UK each year. I presume they don't think it too bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  And 600K turn up to the UK each year. I presume they don't think it too bad either.
                  Well I stated it's still good , but it is getting worse.
                  Making less, spending more . Salaries are flat for like 15 years? Rates too
                  Last edited by diseasex; 22 March 2017, 09:11.

Comment

Well I stated it's still good , but it is getting worse.
                    Making less, spending more . Salaries are flat for like 15 years? Rates too
                    I presume you made very handsome money 15 years ago? Perhaps now it's only handsome. I remember back in 1997 someone getting £600/day (then) for basically MS Excel work. Then again I also remember having to cycle to school with my mum and sister when interest rates got to about 15% as we couldn't afford petrol. Save for totally daft cost of housing the UK is still a good place in many respects.

Comment

Salaries are flat for like 15 years? Rates too
                      There are broad trends that have capped salaries and rates for the past decade.

* Management practices - outsourcing of jobs to from high-cost countries to low-cost countries.

* Technological development - rise of SAAS, PAAS, aka "The Cloud"

* Free movement of skilled resources from low-cost countries into high-cost countries.

* General market principals in which high-skilled roles command a high salary, which attracts thousands of people into that area, that eventually results in saturation of the market and thus results in the pushing down of salaries commanded by said role.

It's not a good/bad thing. It's just the way it is. Once upon a time bus drivers were the highest paid workers in the UK. Nowadays you wouldn't get more than £16k for driving a bus.

If you reflect on the trends you may realise that you have been a direct beneficiary of one or more of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X