• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rapist transferred to women's prison

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    I'm sure the inmates of the ladies' prison will make her feel very welcome. I expect it's not often they have a convicted rapist in their midst.
    All arguments about "are they a man or a woman aside" the two points in terms of safety and so on seem to be:

1)In a male prison as a woman, that sounds really unsafe (ironically at risk of rape)
    2)In a female prison as someone who raped women as a man, that sounds really unsafe (risk of murder)

And please, the argument they deserve to be gang-raped in prison is not a good one to go down in civilised society.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      But Germaine Greer would agree, as would Jenni Murray (but with rather more sophistication!).
      https://www.theguardian.com/society/...times-magazine
      Germaine Greer is an idiot, and is neither a medical doctor nor a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Germaine Greer is an idiot, and is neither a medical doctor nor a lawyer.
        I think you need to drop lawyers from your list of people qualified to advise on pretty much anything - their sole interest is money and so will say what they are told.

Now interesting from a medical perspective - the jury is still out in that yes you can use surgery to change a man's body to look like a woman and vice versa.

But are woman and men so fundamentally different that the physical changes are not enough?

How does anyone know that the people who say they are a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa are really correct - or is it something else which they feel a sex change will address.

For example a woman (according to popular media) should be a petit sweet little thing who is quite pretty - if you are female and do not fit that bill you may feel that you are therefore 'not a woman' and therefore you must 'be a man'.

Is that really true?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I think you need to drop lawyers from your list of people qualified to advise on pretty much anything - their sole interest is money and so will say what they are told.

Now interesting from a medical perspective - the jury is still out in that yes you can use surgery to change a man's body to look like a woman and vice versa.

But are woman and men so fundamentally different that the physical changes are not enough?

How does anyone know that the people who say they are a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa are really correct - or is it something else which they feel a sex change will address.

For example a woman (according to popular media) should be a petit sweet little thing who is quite pretty - if you are female and do not fit that bill you may feel that you are therefore 'not a woman' and therefore you must 'be a man'.

Is that really true?
          Your sex cannot change, as it is defined largely by your chromosomes. Your gender can changed, and it is defined in part by law, and in part by medicine.
          Last edited by northernladyuk; 22 March 2017, 11:11.

Comment

Your sec cannot change, as it is defined largely by your chromosomes. Your gender can changed, and it is defined in part by law, and in part by medicine.
            Or you could live in the wrong country and get chucked off a building for it.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Or you could live in the wrong country and get chucked off a building for it.
              Or left to be abused in a men's prison.

Comment

Your sex cannot change, as it is defined largely by your chromosomes. Your gender can changed, and it is defined in part by law, and in part by medicine.
                I would argue that seeing as I can change what gender I identify as on a daily basis then the whole concept of gender is no longer valid - it is just a label you want to put on yourself depending on how you feel when you wake up.

And therefore can have no place in law.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  I would argue that seeing as I can change what gender I identify as on a daily basis then the whole concept of gender is no longer valid - it is just a label you want to put on yourself depending on how you feel when you wake up.

And therefore can have no place in law.
                  I'm sure you would. Start a petition to parliament.

Comment

Or left to be abused in a men's prison.
                    Don't fear the reaper, fear dropping the soap.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm sure you would. Start a petition to parliament.
                      Not that bothered but if one day i can put on a form that I identify my gender as an apache attack helicopter and the following day I can identify as a piece of fudge then quite frankly it is clearly irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X