• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoicing in times of national mourning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoicing in times of national mourning

Things are a bit slow at clientco today so got reading an article about the plans that are in place for when HM shuffles off.
    This suggested people may get 'sent home early' on the day of departure, and offices may close for the day for the funeral.
    Any thoughts on the etiquette for such events? I presume we 'work from home' and invoice as usual?
    Best 4g signal is in
    [ ] Trap 1
    [X] Trap 2
    [ ] Trap 3

Depends on the client; I assume most will treat it as a public holiday similar to Good Friday.

When Princess Anne first got married back in 1973 it was supposed to be a public holiday, including all schools being closed so the children of the nation could enjoy the happy event, but our school declared that they had a rugby fixture that day and it would be too complicated to rearrange the season, so we had to go to school as normal just so some lunkheads could run around a muddy field for a bit in the afternoon. They said they'd add an extra day on half term several months later. Total scam if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by MrLoveBucket View Post
      Things are a bit slow at clientco today so got reading an article about the plans that are in place for when HM shuffles off.
      This suggested people may get 'sent home early' on the day of departure, and offices may close for the day for the funeral.
      Any thoughts on the etiquette for such events? I presume we 'work from home' and invoice as usual?
      Have you asked your accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Have you asked your accountant?
        I think even accountants will get the day off.

Comment

Etiquette is nothing to do with it. If your client says "there's no work for you today" then you don't work. Unless you have the freedom to work Sundays and evenings as you please in which case you won't probably be accounting for every hour on a daily timesheet anyway.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You mercenary bastard. You shall be sent to stand at the back of the queue to sign the book of condolence.

Comment

Its up to me if I work on the day the Queen dies and I doubt I'll care enough to lose a day of billable work.

Comment

Of course, you have to be WFH as you "work on mission critical stuff" and then, in reality, you do sweet feck all day, because nobody is in
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Straight down the pub, of course.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If you have shot her, I doubt invoicing will be the biggest of your worries.

Comment

Working...
                    X