+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad is a fount of knowledge

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    88,625
    Thanks (Given)
    12561
    Thanks (Received)
    2494
    Likes (Given)
    12561
    Likes (Received)
    5265

    Default Traffic offence advice

    Posted on behalf of a friend(yes really!): -


    Advice time for the legal folks or anyone with experience

    So the summons came through with the details of a motorcycle office from last year ->

    "drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road without due care and attention"

    Inner London offence, riding on a pavement to jump a q... and taken from a cyclist who kindly sent the evidence to metpol from his helmet camera.

    Don't really want to get into the nuts n bolts of the offence

    Court hearing is in a month ...but I have a few options and wanted to ask:-

    1) plead guilty by post ...(avoids me taking time off work ...contractor so time is money) ...

    a) mitigating circumstances .....in the blank space can I say that I totally regret this stupid act and beg leniency and have double humble pie. ... I have a clean licence and this is the first time I have ever done something like this and was late for work blah blah
    any other things that people have used ?

    b) just leave the text for an apology ..leave the late for work stuff .. (I am always late for work)

    or

    2) get a lawyer and get representation ?

    I dont really want to take time off work and dont really want to pay for a lawyer ...I know I am going to get a fine/points .....but interested to hear thoughts of whether I should or not.

    and any directions to recommended legal beagles
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

  2. #2

    Godlike

    MrMarkyMark - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks (Given)
    578
    Thanks (Received)
    492
    Likes (Given)
    3861
    Likes (Received)
    2230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Posted on behalf of a friend(yes really!): -


    Advice time for the legal folks or anyone with experience

    So the summons came through with the details of a motorcycle office from last year ->

    "drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road without due care and attention"

    Inner London offence, riding on a pavement to jump a q... and taken from a cyclist who kindly sent the evidence to metpol from his helmet camera.

    Don't really want to get into the nuts n bolts of the offence

    Court hearing is in a month ...but I have a few options and wanted to ask:-

    1) plead guilty by post ...(avoids me taking time off work ...contractor so time is money) ...

    a) mitigating circumstances .....in the blank space can I say that I totally regret this stupid act and beg leniency and have double humble pie. ... I have a clean licence and this is the first time I have ever done something like this and was late for work blah blah
    any other things that people have used ?

    b) just leave the text for an apology ..leave the late for work stuff .. (I am always late for work)

    or

    2) get a lawyer and get representation ?

    I dont really want to take time off work and dont really want to pay for a lawyer ...I know I am going to get a fine/points .....but interested to hear thoughts of whether I should or not.

    and any directions to recommended legal beagles
    TL;DR

    Has your "friend" asked his accountant

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors

    WordIsBond 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,152
    Thanks (Given)
    52
    Thanks (Received)
    87
    Likes (Given)
    642
    Likes (Received)
    518

    Default

    Ask one of your ex's for advice, they are better at legal stuff than you are.

  4. #4

    キツネの帽子をかぶる

    WTFH - scorchio!

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,473
    Thanks (Given)
    7
    Thanks (Received)
    649
    Likes (Given)
    619
    Likes (Received)
    2173

    Default

    Plead guilty, apologise, don't mention being late for work.
    0. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely. Moderator Power corrupts moderately.
    1. I have a low tolerance level for idiots.
    2. You have to earn my respect, demanding it won't work.

  5. #5

    Godlike

    LondonManc - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,378
    Thanks (Given)
    297
    Thanks (Received)
    548
    Likes (Given)
    2128
    Likes (Received)
    2469

    Default

    1 + a

    Plead guilty, apologise, say "your friend" was acting out of character due to stress, as demonstrated by their hitherto unblemished record.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  6. #6

    Godlike

    MrMarkyMark - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks (Given)
    578
    Thanks (Received)
    492
    Likes (Given)
    3861
    Likes (Received)
    2230

    Default

    FTFY

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    1 + a

    Plead guilty, apologise, say "your friend" was acting out of character due to stress, bought about by having a veritable harem of ex wives, as demonstrated by their hitherto unblemished record.

  7. #7

    Godlike

    LondonManc - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,378
    Thanks (Given)
    297
    Thanks (Received)
    548
    Likes (Given)
    2128
    Likes (Received)
    2469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    At least get your spelling right if you're going to throw a FTFY out there for his friend (who may or may not be as successful at ex-wife accumulation).
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  8. #8

    Godlike

    MrMarkyMark - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks (Given)
    578
    Thanks (Received)
    492
    Likes (Given)
    3861
    Likes (Received)
    2230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    At least get your spelling right if you're going to throw a FTFY out there for his friend (who may or may not be as successful at ex-wife accumulation).
    Easy to get confused, when "Friends", I's and Mes are used in the same post.
    Not as though it's a new situation people posting for "friends" on CUK.

    I'm sure Brillo will be along to clear up the confusion shortly

  9. #9

    King of updation

    TestMangler is NOT a disguised employee

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    5,896
    Thanks (Given)
    17
    Thanks (Received)
    153
    Likes (Given)
    641
    Likes (Received)
    1025

    Default

    Get a loan from an offshore trust to pay the fine.
    I swear on the wet head of my first case of gonorrhoea, there is his ugly voice that I forever fear...

  10. #10

    Godlike

    LondonManc - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,378
    Thanks (Given)
    297
    Thanks (Received)
    548
    Likes (Given)
    2128
    Likes (Received)
    2469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Easy to get confused, when "Friends", I's and Mes are used in the same post.
    Not as though it's a new situation people posting for "friends" on CUK.

    I'm sure Brillo will be along to clear up the confusion shortly
    It was more "bought" rather than "brought" that I was concerned with.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.