• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Traffic offence advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traffic offence advice

Posted on behalf of a friend(yes really!): -

Advice time for the legal folks or anyone with experience

So the summons came through with the details of a motorcycle office from last year ->

"drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road without due care and attention"

Inner London offence, riding on a pavement to jump a q... and taken from a cyclist who kindly sent the evidence to metpol from his helmet camera.

Don't really want to get into the nuts n bolts of the offence

Court hearing is in a month ...but I have a few options and wanted to ask:-

1) plead guilty by post ...(avoids me taking time off work ...contractor so time is money) ...

a) mitigating circumstances .....in the blank space can I say that I totally regret this stupid act and beg leniency and have double humble pie. ... I have a clean licence and this is the first time I have ever done something like this and was late for work blah blah
    any other things that people have used ?

b) just leave the text for an apology ..leave the late for work stuff .. (I am always late for work)

or

2) get a lawyer and get representation ?

I dont really want to take time off work and dont really want to pay for a lawyer ...I know I am going to get a fine/points .....but interested to hear thoughts of whether I should or not.

and any directions to recommended legal beagles

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Posted on behalf of a friend(yes really!): -

Advice time for the legal folks or anyone with experience

So the summons came through with the details of a motorcycle office from last year ->

"drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road without due care and attention"

Inner London offence, riding on a pavement to jump a q... and taken from a cyclist who kindly sent the evidence to metpol from his helmet camera.

Don't really want to get into the nuts n bolts of the offence

Court hearing is in a month ...but I have a few options and wanted to ask:-

1) plead guilty by post ...(avoids me taking time off work ...contractor so time is money) ...

a) mitigating circumstances .....in the blank space can I say that I totally regret this stupid act and beg leniency and have double humble pie. ... I have a clean licence and this is the first time I have ever done something like this and was late for work blah blah
    any other things that people have used ?

b) just leave the text for an apology ..leave the late for work stuff .. (I am always late for work)

or

2) get a lawyer and get representation ?

I dont really want to take time off work and dont really want to pay for a lawyer ...I know I am going to get a fine/points .....but interested to hear thoughts of whether I should or not.

and any directions to recommended legal beagles
    TL;DR

Has your "friend" asked his accountant
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Ask one of your ex's for advice, they are better at legal stuff than you are.

Comment

Plead guilty, apologise, don't mention being late for work.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

1 + a

Plead guilty, apologise, say "your friend" was acting out of character due to stress, as demonstrated by their hitherto unblemished record.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            1 + a

Plead guilty, apologise, say "your friend" was acting out of character due to stress, bought about by having a veritable harem of ex wives, as demonstrated by their hitherto unblemished record.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              FTFY
              At least get your spelling right if you're going to throw a FTFY out there for his friend (who may or may not be as successful at ex-wife accumulation).
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                At least get your spelling right if you're going to throw a FTFY out there for his friend (who may or may not be as successful at ex-wife accumulation).
                Easy to get confused, when "Friends", I's and Mes are used in the same post.
                Not as though it's a new situation people posting for "friends" on CUK.

I'm sure Brillo will be along to clear up the confusion shortly
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Get a loan from an offshore trust to pay the fine.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Easy to get confused, when "Friends", I's and Mes are used in the same post.
                    Not as though it's a new situation people posting for "friends" on CUK.

I'm sure Brillo will be along to clear up the confusion shortly
                    It was more "bought" rather than "brought" that I was concerned with.

Comment

Working...
                    X