• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't be fooled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be fooled

Don't be Fooled

I agree... rescue the NHS you B***ard same way you bailed out the banks without raising taxes !

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Don't be Fooled

I agree... rescue the NHS you B***ard same way you bailed out the banks without raising taxes !
    More liberal claptrap.

You do realise that almost half the NHS's income goes on interest payments and buildings maintenance? That hiring staff take up to four months, even for junior roles? That 60% of employees are not in patient care? That the crisis in A&E is caused directly by Labour's crap contracts with the GPs and the BMA's refusal to correct that mistake?

The NHS doesn't need more money, it needs more effective management.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      More liberal claptrap.

You do realise that almost half the NHS's income goes on interest payments and buildings maintenance? That hiring staff take up to four months, even for junior roles? That 60% of employees are not in patient care? That the crisis in A&E is caused directly by Labour's crap contracts with the GPs and the BMA's refusal to correct that mistake?

Yes gree, but don't think privatization is going to make it more effective ! Make the Drs and nurses in charge again !

Comment

More liberal claptrap.

What aspects of the GP contract do you think has directly contributed to issues in the NHS?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          What aspects of the GP contract do you think has directly contributed to issues in the NHS?
          If it takes me five days to get an appointment with my GP (and that's any GP in the practice, not my actual assigned GP) and I have an upset stomach, I'll go to A&E where I will be treated in a few hours. The reduction in GP hours means primary care is badly compromised so it falls back on Emergency care. The bulk of A&E cases are not critical, to the point where hospitals are starting to employ GPs in A&E departments to act as triage points.

A&Es are for acute, critical cases, not little Johnny's cut finger. If you can't call out your doctor, or get an appointment in less than one working day, or aren't registered with a GP or are just too damned ignorant to understand what A&Es are there to do, then you have a crisis.

So if you have made GPs unwilling to provide 24x7 primary care by paying them not to provide it...
          Last edited by malvolio; 18 March 2017, 10:25.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If it takes me five days to get an appointment with my GP (and that's any GP in the practice, not my actual assigned GP) and I have an upset stomach, I'll go to A&E where I will be treated in a few hours. The reduction in GP hours means primary care is badly compromised so it falls back on Emergency care. The bulk of A&E cases are not critical, to the point where hospitals are starting to employ GPs in A&E departments to act as triage points.

A&Es are for acute, critical cases, not little Johnny's cut finger.

I didn't ask for a sob story, you said there were problems in primary care and you said there were issues with the contract new labour negotiated. I asked you what issues resulted from the contract.

SO again, at aspects of the GP contract do you think has directly contributed to issues in the NHS?

Comment

I didn't ask for a sob story, you said there were problems in primary care and you said there were issues with the contract new labour negotiated. I asked you what issues resulted from the contract.

SO again, at aspects of the GP contract do you think has directly contributed to issues in the NHS?
              Well if you don't understand the answer... Read it again; there was a late edit.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Well if you don't understand the answer... Read it again; there was a late edit.
                I read the edit.

Again, you made claim that the new GP contract as negotiated by labour was a problem.

I'm just hoping you can identify what specific aspects of that contract that you think are causing issues today?

Comment

You need to be challenged on this as the IPSE cheerleader on this forum.

You made claim that the new GP contract was 'crap', caused issues in the NHS and that there was an effort to renegotiate this and that the BMA refused.

Such bold claims can of course be evidentially proven.

Comment

You need to be challenged on this as the IPSE cheerleader on this forum.
                    What does IPSE have to do with anything, quite apart from the fact I'm not. Some of you guys really do need to get over yourselves a little. Your paranoia is getting very wearing.

You made claim that the new GP contract was 'crap', caused issues in the NHS and that there was an effort to renegotiate this and that the BMA refused.

Such bold claims can of course be evidentially proven.
                    It has been; do your own reading. The GPs' new contracts meant they stopped providing care out of office hours and shoved it off to the ineffective non-emergency call centre-based service, so people went to A&E instead where they felt they were at least dealing with professionals and not Capita-sourced amateurs. That has been corrected to some extent now - by no means completely - but the behaviour is ingrained and people still prefer A&E to GPs for the most trivial of complaints.

Add to that the difficulty of hiring GPs and support staff in the primary care arena and a growing demand that they struggle to service and you can (or at least should) understand the interrelationship.

The problems with the NHS are across the board, the GPS being one trigger. However it is one that could be cured and resources moved to where they are needed. TO do that you have to get the local primary care trusts (small, self-governing, largely run by volunteers and non-clinical managers) and the regional Hospital Trusts (large, professional, overstaffed and commercially driven) to work together. Good luck with that one.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X