• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big NIC U turn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big NIC U turn

Changes to class 4 NICs have been scrapped. More to follow.

linky

The Guardian has the letter sent to Tory MPs linky
    Last edited by SueEllen; 15 March 2017, 11:53.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Of course I expect there to be no u turn on the attacks on small incorporated business though.

Comment

You hear that, Mr. Anderson?

Comment

I wonder how they might fill the hole? Can anyone say "false self-employment".

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          the hole isn't that big and wasn't worth filling in the first place.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No but I can say "increased dividend tax".
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

As we stated before if the Chancellor was clever he would have waited until Autumn, after the consultation on self-employment and a few court cases were out of the way, before hiking NIC on the self-employed.

Comment

How odd. I was expecting to be provided with maternity leave to make up for the increased tax.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  the hole isn't that big and wasn't worth filling in the first place.
                  It was a matter of getting a foot in the door.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    It was a matter of getting a foot in the door.
                    But it goes against the Tory Party ethos.

You encourage people to be entrepreneurs and set up their own businesses.

Comment

Working...
                    X