• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big NIC U turn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no way that this won't mean an attack on IR35 in the private sector. They'll cite the "unbalanced" market that they have created with the public sector, how rich freeloading, freelancers are not paying their taxes and will now have to pay 20% more, bringing in several billion.

Meanwhile Amazon will continue to pay naff all.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I think they'll hold fire to "prove" that it has "worked" in the public sector before trying to get commitment from the backers
      Hold fire could still be relatively quick though. The PS measures were rushed through against all sensible commentary. The dust will have settled by the Autumn Budget.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Reducing the dividend allowance by £3000 gets them a fair whack per PSC which is quite significant.
        It gets them very little actually, the main target for that were "wealthy" investors.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Hold fire could still be relatively quick though. The PS measures were rushed through against all sensible commentary. The dust will have settled by the Autumn Budget.
          I'd imagine that private sector would want to see year-on-year figures before committing. 2019 I'd guess.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It gets them very little actually, the main target for that were "wealthy" investors.
            £225 per person is quite a lot especially when even those earning below HR tax will be paying it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              I'd imagine that private sector would want to see year-on-year figures before committing. 2019 I'd guess.
              Yes, it's less likely that implementation would be Spring 2018, but it's conceivable.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
                There is no way that this won't mean an attack on IR35 in the private sector. They'll cite the "unbalanced" market that they have created with the public sector, how rich freeloading, freelancers are not paying their taxes and will now have to pay 20% more, bringing in several billion.

Meanwhile Amazon will continue to pay naff all.

Nail. On. Head.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  This was a short-term measure.
                  Short-term measure, you mean Tory Scum will actually reduce dividend tax???

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    £225 per person is quite a lot especially when even those earning below HR tax will be paying it.
                    It's like 60 pence per day, innit???

Comment

So what? If the government said everyone on £30k would pay £200 more tax each year that would be a BIG deal. They frequently talk about how a budget is saving an average family a hundred quid a year or so. You rich CEO fat-cats wouldn't understand
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X