+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 468
  1. #1

    Fingers like lightning

    sbakoola is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    521
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...

    Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon to seek second referendum - BBC News

    Looks like Nicola Sturgeon wants to check up again, just in case the Scots have changed their mind regarding breaking away from the U.K.. In some ways fair play because of Brexit and how it could change things but just imagine if everyone got out of bed in the morning and said "I declare my apartment in Ludlow independent of the UK with it's own laws, money and tax policies, lets have a referendum in my home about it.", ok an apartment in Ludlow doesn't have any existing laws and independent economy but what the heck .. what about the peoples' rights !!

  2. #2
    GB9
    GB9 is offline

    Super poster

    GB9 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mainly on a train
    Posts
    3,060
    Thanks (Given)
    82
    Thanks (Received)
    100
    Likes (Given)
    292
    Likes (Received)
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbakoola View Post
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...

    Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon to seek second referendum - BBC News

    Looks like Nicola Sturgeon wants to check up again, just in case the Scots have changed their mind regarding breaking away from the U.K.. In some ways fair play because of Brexit and how it could change things but just imagine if everyone got out of bed in the morning and said "I declare my apartment in Ludlow independent of the UK with it's own laws, money and tax policies, lets have a referendum in my home about it.", ok an apartment in Ludlow doesn't have any existing laws and independent economy but what the heck .. what about the peoples' rights !!
    Can you imagine if Leave win by 1% and the UK says, "that's too close".

    And then an English person living in Australia takes high court action to block the outcome.

    And everyone tells the Scots they didn't know what they were voting for.

    I wonder if Sturgeon will agree with them or just point out that Leave won and that the result should be respected?

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is NOT a disguised employee

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    14,227

    Default

    I hope she makes it a 60/40 vote in favour of independence.
    London : 'we're holding a referendum to leave the Eureopean union

    EU: 'OK'

    Scotland: 'we're holding a referendum to leave the UK union'

    London: ' Oh no you're not'.

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    diseasex has more data than eek

    diseasex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks (Given)
    20
    Thanks (Received)
    48
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    174

    Default

    If Scots exited and UK left EU at the same time what do you think , would that be -10% or +10% GDP in a year?

  5. #5

    More time posting than coding

    filthy1980 is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    443
    Thanks (Given)
    18
    Thanks (Received)
    9
    Likes (Given)
    103
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Default

    I supported Scottish independence the first time around for the same reason I backed Brexit

    go ahead Scotland be independent

  6. #6

    I live on CUK

    vetran is a fount of knowledge

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    23,748
    Thanks (Given)
    489
    Thanks (Received)
    1900
    Likes (Given)
    4633
    Likes (Received)
    4215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    Can you imagine if Leave win by 1% and the UK says, "that's too close".

    And then an English person living in Australia takes high court action to block the outcome.

    And everyone tells the Scots they didn't know what they were voting for.

    I wonder if Sturgeon will agree with them or just point out that Leave won and that the result should be respected?


    With a little bit of luck these famous patriotic Scots will support leave.

    Sur Shawwwwn Connnery - always willing to opine on a free Scotland not quite so keen to pay for it.

    Scots tax exiles cheating country in Monaco millionaires' playground - Daily Record
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    30,985
    Thanks (Given)
    99
    Thanks (Received)
    342
    Likes (Given)
    143
    Likes (Received)
    1222

    Default

    Entirely reasonable to have another vote given the way things have changed but I don't think it's going to get the result she might want. The timing puts it right around the time our Brexit negotiations should be winding up which is probably sensible as the Scots will have some actual idea what remaining in the UK will mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  8. #8

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is NOT a disguised employee

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    14,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Entirely reasonable to have another vote given the way things have changed but I don't think it's going to get the result she might want. The timing puts it right around the time our Brexit negotiations should be winding up which is probably sensible as the Scots will have some actual idea what remaining in the UK will mean.
    We'll see. Neverenddum 1 started with 32% support for year and never falling below that. Neverenddum Mk II starts with 43% currently. That's quite a different starting point.

    Also we know why the last vote failed. For many people currency was an issue. The pound is going to poo. Sure it'll be around for years to come but it'll also be worth a lot less.
    London : 'we're holding a referendum to leave the Eureopean union

    EU: 'OK'

    Scotland: 'we're holding a referendum to leave the UK union'

    London: ' Oh no you're not'.

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors

    diseasex has more data than eek

    diseasex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks (Given)
    20
    Thanks (Received)
    48
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    We'll see. Neverenddum 1 started with 32% support for year and never falling below that. Neverenddum Mk II starts with 43% currently. That's quite a different starting point.

    Also we know why the last vote failed. For many people currency was an issue. The pound is going to poo. Sure it'll be around for years to come but it'll also be worth a lot less.
    Yeah but trying again and again until the result is what we want? Is that OK? If it is then make another brexit referendum. I guess scots signed up for good and the bad when they voted to remain...

  10. #10

    Souper Poster

    minestrone 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,208
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    95
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    547

    Default

    Yes, we are going to create our own currency and watch it devalue 20% on it's first day while all out mortgages stay in pounds.

    Fantastic.
    Genesis 3:25

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.