• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Yep, lot of truth in that statement, I certainly wouldn't disagree.

I should have added, a plethora of lies from both sides.

Ermmmm, now tell me what is different about the current Scottish campaign?
    Correct ... so why would it be in the interest of Scotland to have a second potentially massively disruptive event occurring at the same time.

It's not like they'd be able to run the IndyRef#2, win it and complete the exit negotiations prior to the UK leaving ( with Scotland in tow ) the EU.

So either way Scotland is out of the EU.

And if you think the UK government is going to get beaten up during the BREXIT negotiations then that would be nothing as compared to the beating Scotland would take from the UK. Especially if the disruption meant that England, Wales & NI ended up with a far worse BREXIT deal.

So it would be far better for the SNP to support the negotiations hoping that the UK gets a great deal AND then have an IndyRef and use the succesful exit of the UK as the template for entry into the EU markets and more importantly maintaining access to the UK market.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      I actually have a sincere hope that you are on a piss take here rather than trying to be serious, cause if you're not, it's probably worth pointing out that you make the same arguments AGAINST Scottish independence as you do FOR brexit. Makes you sound like a Rangers fan, if I'm honest. You going to start putting 'WATP' at the end of your posts ?
      After Brexit I know I will be paid in pounds and that will match my debt that is in pounds, I also know who the lender of last resort on that currency is and that they have been operational for 300 years.

This is pretty major stuff to the population and cannot be guaranteed after independence.

I could go on and on with things I depend on and trust that are going to change after Scottish independence that will not after brexit.

To equate the 2 political separations and their impact on the populations is absolute horseshiite.

Comment

you are in absolutely no position to question their mandate to pursue anything.
        https://reaction.life/nicola-sturgeo...ruth-davidson/

Oh, and despite all the suggestions that Brexit would lead rapidly to Scottish independence, 50% of Scots do not want a second independence referendum before the UK leaves the EU. Only 37% say they want such a vote.

Oh Dear!!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I mentioned at this start of this thread that the SNP had made a strategic error, I was heartened that Jim Sillars was on SKY news all day saying the same.

Anyways, here is Jim Sillars and Alex Salmond in happier times in 1992 letting us know that England comes round and smashes up our house every night...

Fookin' rockets the 2 of them.

Comment

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642

Signed, sealed and delivered.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              A London based media website quoting stats with no source, is more of a representation of opinion than a national election or two. Are you really that much of a fucking tool ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

A London based media website quoting stats with no source, is more of a representation of opinion than a national election or two. Are you really that much of a fucking tool ?
                Reaction life was set up and is run by Iain Martin who is a Scot from Paisley.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Reaction life was set up and is run by Iain Martin who is a Scot from Paisley.
                  Not a particularly accurate statement.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Not a particularly accurate statement.
                    this drama you are holding back from us all...

Comment

db post

Comment

Working...
                      X