• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Who knows? We are in uncharted territory.

It only seems fair to allow the Scottish people to know exactly what they are letting themselves in for before asking them to take the plunge.

No point gambling at the eleventh hour on what might amount to some inconclusive outline details.

That would be the sensible pragmatic approach, so will probably be the opposite of what wee Krankie opts for.
    I actually have a sincere hope that you are on a piss take here rather than trying to be serious, cause if you're not, it's probably worth pointing out that you make the same arguments AGAINST Scottish independence as you do FOR brexit. Makes you sound like a Rangers fan, if I'm honest. You going to start putting 'WATP' at the end of your posts ?
    Last edited by TestMangler; 17 March 2017, 15:50.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Luckily he doesn't work on critical systems involving possible life or death
      So you'd suggest selecting a date based on "we'll probably have it agreed by then"? Right back at you on the critical systems... perhaps engage brain before mouth.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        So you'd suggest selecting a date based on "we'll probably have it agreed by then"? Right back at you on the critical systems... perhaps engage brain before mouth.
        I've had to build stuff from far worse requirements than that
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          I actually have a sincere hope that you are on a piss take here rather than trying to be serious, cause if you're not, it's probably worth pointing out that you make the same arguments AGAINST Scottish independence as you do FOR brexit.
          I don't have a problem with Scotland voting for Independence, as long as that is the expressed wish of the majority.
          The problem is that 30 short months ago, a sizable majority of voters in Scotland chose to remain as a part of the UK. You may recall this event.

Now, Sturgeon is making the point that since that vote, circumstances have changed.
          That is true, but the reason it has changed is as a result of Brexit. Still keeping up?

Now it makes perfect sense, bearing in mind all the uncertainty that the whole Brexit process has produced, not to ask the good folk of Scotland to make a binding, potentially irreversible decision, in advance of all the negotiations being finalised.

After that, and only at that point, can they make a truly informed choice. Seems sensible to me.

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Makes you sound like a Rangers fan, if I'm honest. You going to start putting 'WATP' at the end of your posts ?
          I actually have a sincere hope that you are on a piss take here rather than trying to be serious.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I don't have a problem with Scotland voting for Independence, as long as that is the expressed wish of the majority.
            The problem is that 30 short months ago, a sizable majority of voters in Scotland chose to remain as a part of the UK. You may recall this event.

Now, Sturgeon is making the point that since that vote, circumstances have changed.
            That is true, but the reason it has changed is as a result of Brexit. Still keeping up?

Now it makes perfect sense, bearing in mind all the uncertainty that the whole Brexit process has produced, not to ask the good folk of Scotland to make a binding, potentially irreversible decision, in advance of all the negotiations being finalised.

After that, and only at that point, can they make a truly informed choice. Seems sensible to me.

I actually have a sincere hope that you are on a piss take here rather than trying to be serious.

I know this is something that a Tory voter is never going to understand, but since the last referendum, there has been one general election and one Scottish election. The GE resulted in the following results in Scotland.

SNP (56) Conservative (1) Labour(1) Lib Lem(1)

The Scottish election led to the following CONSTITUENCY seats (might be 1 or 2 out on this but even you should get the drift) SNP (52) Conservative (7) Labour (3)

So, regardless of whether or not you agree with them, and as a Union Jack waving loony who clearly yearns for the days of the empire, I can understand that you don't, but you are in absolutely no position to question their mandate to pursue anything.

Actually repeating a Theresa May soundbite is even more laughable. Have a word with yourself.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              For those with access to history books it is all too clear protectionism leads to fewer choices. The UK is entering a protectionist era. Jesting aside, I sincerely wish Scotland chooses a different path. To be denied that path is tantamount hostility.
              Scooterscot,

You know I want Scottish independence.

Interested to know why you want it?
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Scooterscot,

You know I want Scottish independence.

Interested to know why you want it?
                so when he visits he can use an EU passport?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  Oh stop with the drama queen nonsense. Nobody has said there won't be a second referendum, just that there will not be one during the Brexit negotiations. Surely that is entirely reasonable?
                  No it is not. Negotiations would be afforded an entirely new dimension.

The more options the better.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The arrogance.

That is exactly what the people of the UK were asked to do. Make a vote based on unknowns to the power unknown with no facts topped off with a lie filled campaign.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      The arrogance.

That is exactly what the people of the UK were asked to do. Make a vote based on unknowns to the power unknown with no facts topped off with a lie filled campaign.
                      Yep, lot of truth in that statement, I certainly wouldn't disagree.

I should have added, a plethora of lies from both sides.

Ermmmm, now tell me what is different about the current Scottish campaign?
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X