• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    My solution (admittedly crap and unworkable) would be to swap the Unionists in Northern Ireland for the Scottish Nationalist (who, from what I can tell, have strong Irish Catholic connections). United Ireland and united GB (or slightly reduced UK). Job's a good 'un.
    Change our name to Great Britain and job's a goodun.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I will point out that every region outside the south east is funded by the UK. we're not completely useless.
      But every UK region outside of the south east sends its talent there. Quid pro quo I say.

Comment

But every UK region outside of the south east sends its talent there. Quid pro quo I say.
        We sent Gordon Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          We sent Gordon Brown.
          He was the best you had.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            He was the best you had.
            Blair is Scottish but he kept it hidden.

Comment

My solution (admittedly crap and unworkable) would be to swap the Unionists in Northern Ireland for the Scottish Nationalist (who, from what I can tell, have strong Irish Catholic connections). United Ireland and united GB (or slightly reduced UK). Job's a good 'un.
              You talk some amount of shite.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                You talk some amount of shite.
                Now, now dear boy. No need for the abuse. Bit to close to the mark was it?

Comment

Now, now dear boy. No need for the abuse. Bit to close to the mark was it?
                  No. Completely the opposite in fact. The forum's regular IRA apologist (minestrone) is vehemently anti independence for Scotland. My family background would suggest I should be waving the union jack, but I'm not.

Maybe Scooter, batcher and some of the other forum Jocks could disprove your theory further ?
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

No idea about oil but there's quite a financial centre in Scotland already isn't there... if Scotland looked set to leave UK and join the EU maybe banks would move there?
                    In the days after the Brexit Vote one of the American Banks (Citi I think) had suggested that many of the non-UK banks from the US and Asia could look to move European operations to Scotland in the event Scotland remained in the Single Market and left the UK as in most respects (Legal, Language, Staff even piss poor weather) its similar to London.... it would certainly help toward the perceived budget deficit that an independent Scotland would have.

Comment

No idea about oil but there's quite a financial centre in Scotland already isn't there... if Scotland looked set to leave UK and join the EU maybe banks would move there?
                      Speaking of finance..

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndepend...4590209531636/
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X