• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    But then you said something about 55:45 not being definitive enough...
    Oh that was definitive enough for me, but seemingly not definitive enough for the NATzis. That is why I suggested we make the next Referendum a 60-40 affair.
    They can't have any complaints then.
    Failure to achieve 60% in favour of Independence and we simply maintain the status quo.
    Pretty democratic really.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Sovereignty only applies to England then? All the other inconvenient bits of the UK have no rights according to the 'May Queen'
      You had the "right" to choose in 2014. Something that no other part of the UK has been given.

You chose to stay by a considerable margin. The only "Inconvenience" is that the NATs refuse to accept the result.

Now why not change the record you dreary twunt?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Oh that was definitive enough for me, but seemingly not definitive enough for the NATzis. That is why I suggested we make the next Referendum a 60-40 affair.
        Failure to achieve 60% in favour of Independence and we simply maintain the status quo.
        Based on the last one, reaching 50% is quite a lofty target and the loses seemed to think 45% in favour was sufficient!

Turnout was indeed very high but for a 2nd one, it could drop so a rule of 75% might be sensible.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Bah Humbug!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Do you really think the Krankie will agree to that?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

‘Divisive’ referendum ‘will cause huge economic uncertainty’ says woman enacting divisive referendum causing huge economic uncertainty
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Do you really think the Krankie will agree to that?
                The Krankie won't get a choice. Besides, she complained that a 55/45 majority was not decisive enough so she'd look a bit (even more) stupid if she now claimed it was not sufficient.

Comment

I passionately want Scotland to remain an open, tolerant nation within the EU. I want Scotland to be a country that does not use EU citizens as bargaining chips. The UK union has had a good run but clearly politics in England are very different to those in Scotland. They already act like individual countries, we might as well make it official. Saving face for the sake of the kids is tiring.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I passionately want Scotland to remain an open, tolerant nation within the EU. I want Scotland to be a country that does not use EU citizens as bargaining chips. The UK union has had a good run but clearly politics in England are very different to those in Scotland. They already act like individual countries, we might as well make it official. Saving face for the sake of the kids is tiring.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Scotland will not get in the EU if they leave. Sturgeon seems to be maintaining some sort of lie. Was she a recruitment agent previously?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X