• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Hmmm interesting times historically.
    One of the most successful countries in the world has decided to rip itself to shreds politically and economically.
    And all because of some classic, basic schoolboy demagoguery that succeeded in fooling the more stupid members of society.
    So if Scotland does gain independence (or NI joins Ireland) Britain no long exists and we lose our top 5 seat in the UN.

There will only be a few winners from this.
    I think you mean the United Kingdom no longer exists, or does it?

P.s. No chance of a united Ireland at present.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      I think you mean the United Kingdom no longer exists, or does it?

P.s. No chance of a united Ireland at present.
      Yes UK - lets see what happens - but it's already clear Brexit and secession etc. etc. will take up the countries' bandwith for years to the detriment of anything constructive. Loads and loads of clever people being paid a fortune to disentangle us from the EU only to find in a few years the very likely propect of us having to rejoin in some shape - either when we find the economy cannae take it, Cap'n or quite simply the Brexiters die off.

Milk the situation for all it's worth, if you can, is the only sane approach to this madness.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well I predict that there will not be another referendum. There won't be a majority of nationalists in Holyrood by the time they will be allowed to have once as their record in government has been truly appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Britain no long exists and we lose our top 5 seat in the UN
          Yes, and that would be really gutting. A seat at a table where, far more often than not, any 1 party vetoes the other 4.

The UN......a pointless talking shop.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So now we get the news Salmond pushed her into this.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Well I predict that there will not be another referendum. There won't be a majority of nationalists in Holyrood by the time they will be allowed to have once as their record in government has been truly appalling.
              Sturgeon is in panic mode. The one thing the polls are saying is that Scots don't want another referendum, and that Ruth Davidson, i.e. the Tories, is ahead of Sturgeon in opinion polls.

It is now or never, we have already hit peak SNP, because they are a one policy party, and the rest of their crap is starting to take its toll.

If there is a Scottish referendum, whenever it occurs, it wouldn't be a case of immediate separation, there would be very lengthy talks which would dwarf the Brexit talks (we'll just give Scotland a £60bn separation bill, eh?), I can see May saying those talks wouldn't even commence until after Brexit and therefore well after the next General Election and Scottish parliament elections. Scotland (along with the rUK) would be well out of the EU by then. Imagine Scotland heading towards an isolated existence whilst watching rUK thrive outside the EU?

Scotland could never be a net contributor to the EU, so what will it bring to the table other than becoming a burden on the EU's already stretched budget. The Scottish government would look to the EU to replace its funding under the barnet formula.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Opinion polls, I wonder where I've heard that one before? Ah yes....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...hip_referendum
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  Imagine Scotland heading towards an isolated existence whilst watching rUK thrive outside the EU?
                  Yeah, OK then.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I know its the Mail and I know its Katie Hopkins but I post this merely to annoy Scooter and others Sturgeon wants to rush through another vote before Brexit | Daily Mail Online
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X