• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking forward to the start of Brexit this week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I invest in brexit hmm.. straddle options on FTSE? I know it's kind of old news but I'm sure there's more money to squeeze out of this massive uncertainty

I bet ATW is not thinking of buying sofas anytime soon so maybe short on DFS
    Last edited by diseasex; 13 March 2017, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I am sold, where I can vote Leave?
      Scotland. Next year.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I am sold, where I can vote Leave?
        For someone like you who runs a proper company - I'm surprised you voted to remain.
        Removing EU laws and red tape on health and safety, statutory holiday etc etc etc will be excellent for your bottom line.
        The workers of the UK need to learn to compete with Asian workers in Asia in the bracing new global economy of Brexit.
        By taking pay cuts in the low wage, low tax economy that will follow the collapse of negotiations with the EU, the British worker will give his EU counterpart a bloody nose.
        Last edited by sasguru; 13 March 2017, 17:21.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          I bet ATW is not thinking of buying sofas anytime soon so maybe short on DFS
          I am waiting for one to be in stock...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            For someone like you who runs a proper company - I'm surprised you voted to remain.
            Removing EU laws and red tape on health and safety, statutory holiday etc etc etc will be excellent for your bottom line.
            The workers of the UK need to learn to compete with Asian workers in Asia in the bracing new global economy of Brexit.
            By taking pay cuts in the low wage, low tax economy that will follow the collapse of negotiations with the EU, the British worker will give his EU counterpart a bloody nose.
            "UK tax burden set to keep rising over the next decade to its highest in 40 years by 2025": UK tax burden set to keep rising over the next decade to its highest in 40 years by 2025

I am totally fooked off with UK Govt after they massively increased tax on dividends, it took some effort not to vote for Brexit just to "punish" them.

Even though I am benefiting from lower exchange rates I was, am and will always be for Europe - despite shortcomings it's the right thing, especially in the world which will become increasingly protectionist in trade.

Brexit is a historic mistake that I sincerely hope will be rectified in my time, also I hope that Tory Scum will be punished for it to the point of party disbanding completely.

Comment

"UK tax burden set to keep rising over the next decade to its highest in 40 years by 2025": UK tax burden set to keep rising over the next decade to its highest in 40 years by 2025

I am totally fooked off with UK Govt after they massively increased tax on dividends, it took some effort not to vote for Brexit just to "punish" them.

Even though I am benefiting from lower exchange rates I was, am and will always be for Europe - despite shortcomings it's the right thing, especially in the world which will become increasingly protectionist in trade.

Brexit is a historic mistake that I sincerely hope will be rectified in my time, also I hope that Tory Scum will be punished for it to the point of party disbanding completely.
              I do struggle to understand what side of the fence you are on at any given time. You are quite mercurial.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/AngrySalm...359618/video/1
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Can you tell me what is on there?

If I remember correctly you pissed your knickers big style when I suggested the functionality to embed tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    I'm serious. Although I do honestly believe that brexit is good; the level of division in society it has, and will cause is not worth it. Sorry but it isn't.
                    Looks like sasguru is converting them one by one
                    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
                      Looks like sasguru is converting them one by one
                      Just as I take the opposite tack.
                      I'm convinced Brexit will be great for me personally.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X