• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with working from home...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with working from home...

Linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's hilarious!

I don't do video calls, but while on conference calls, I've certainly been interrupted by loud calls of "DAD !!"

Or the doorbell ringing for a delivery, after which the courier seems to think that almost bashing the door in with repeated loud knocking is needed.

I've heard people in similar situations. Participants who go for a loud gushing pee without going on mute are quite amusing but do cause collective embarassment

Comment

thought they did quite well. (the kids)
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago the wife was WFH, and she was on a conf call with her boss and some govt client bods. I went downstairs to make a cuppa, and let rip in what I thought was the safety of the kitchen. Turns out they all heard it, and she had to explain it wasn't her. 'Twas a goodun though.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Could've been worse though. I've been on GoToMeetings when the hosts have forgotten they were still live after a presentation and started fecking around on the interweb.

Comment

I was house training a puppy when I was gigging with IBM (so lots of WFH) and the dog always wanted to play at conf call time,

There was always the shout of "Who's that barking?"

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Just pure comedy that. I loved the way the baby came in second and she closed the door on her knees right at the end. Great to see funny side of normal life like this sometimes. Won't have done anyone any harm at all that, except maybe the nanny
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just saw that on Twitter. His wife crawling in to close the door at the end is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Just pure comedy that. I loved the way the baby came in second and she closed the door on her knees right at the end. Great to see funny side of normal life like this sometimes. Won't have done anyone any harm at all that, except maybe the nanny
                  That was the wife

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    There was always the shout of "Who's that barking?"
                    "I'm sorry that's my wife"

Comment

Working...
                    X