• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for Scooter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for Scooter

Second Scottish referendum is INEVITABLE says Minister | Daily Mail Online

Another chance for Scotland to decide to stay.

Second referendum on Scottish independence is INEVITABLE, says Minister as Downing Street admits the only question left is when
    Nicola Sturgeon said Autumn 2018 would be 'common-sense time' for a vote
    SNP leader has continued to issue referendum threats after Brexit vote last year
    Poll shows Scots split 50-50 in whether they want to break away from the UK
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Feck me those SNP are a bunch of troublemakers. Don't they ever give up?

If it was up to me, I'd have the whole lot arrested for sedition and shot!

(and probably a majority of Scots would breathe a big sigh of relief! )
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Feck me those SNP are a bunch of troublemakers. Don't they ever give up?

If it was up to me, I'd have the whole lot arrested for sedition and shot!

(and probably a majority of Scots would breathe a big sigh of relief! )
      At least a simple majority would settle the debate once and for all... [emoji48]
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Sturgeon is the only politician I can use the word trust with in the same sentence. She speaks for a lot of people. There's also empathy.

You have to remember many EU nationals resident in Scotland in 2014 voted to remain IN the UK. That'll not happen the next time round.

Another interesting statistic, in 2014 the opinion polls showed 30% of people were in favour of yes. It never fell below that. Today the base is 42%. And we're probably still 2-years away. What a start!

The Tories will have to seed a lot of power to Scotland if they wish them to vote remain. But they're doing the opposite right now. After, whenever, the Tories give up power the country will never look the same again.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          At least a simple majority would settle the debate once and for all... [emoji48]
          Don't call Scooter simple.

They had that last time 55.3% NO. They are still bleating with a majority of 10% its like Brexit but worse.

If they could have got the rest of the country out of bed they might have just won.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Sturgeon is the only politician I can use the word trust with in the same sentence.
            Now you have completely lost the plot.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

2018 is perfect time for a referendum for if Scotland should stay in the union. The Scots already had their vote - now time for the rest of the union to have a say.

Comment

While I have a lot of sympathy with Scottish pro-independence people wanting to cut themselves loose from the nut-jobs South of the border, I think independence is even more problematic that in the last Indy referendum.

If independent Scotland is outside of the EU, then is that really what people want? If independent Scotland is inside the EU (overcoming significant barriers such as Spanish concerns re a precedent for Catalonia), then does Scotland really want a hard border with England and customs checks etc., along the likely Ireland / Northern Ireland border model?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  But they're doing the opposite right now. After, whenever, the Tories give up power the country will never look the same again.
                  That sentence jumps through more tenses than the TARDIS!
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Now you have completely lost the plot.
                    "You can trust Sturgeon to turn Scotland into a dour, opinionated, overweight version of Greece within six months."

There, simple.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X