• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for Scooter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturgeon press conference 11:30.

Expect lots of "more highly likely than extremely highly likely"

Comment

Is there a point to this speech?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        The SNP has a target for immigration of 25000 per year which is never met as, let's be honest, nobody really wants to live here. With the aging demographic they know the pension numbers for independence will never work out unless they can attract people of working age.
        Independence itself is one hell of a gamble; for example, you've got a large Sky office at Livingstone and HMRC at Cumbernauld; both would probably have to move south of the border in the event of independence, as would many other companies that have a back office function in Scotland.

On a much more minor point, I wonder if Berwick Rangers would still be allowed to compete in the Scottish football league should independence happen?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

There we have it, Scotland will be independent in a couple of years time, well done Theresa.

All I can say is....

och aye

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I suppose if Scotland do declare independance and stay in the EU we can measure rUK's performance against it.

If they flounder and become a Gaelic Greece while we do OK we know we were right to brexit, if they become Europe's powerhouse and SAS ends up selling favours on a street corner again we were obviously wrong and should have suckled the EU's teat.

Not quite sure how they are going to fund it though. I suppose its the Bank of England to the rescue.

Maybe if we slip JCJ the €50B he will take NI off our hands and we can send the Scottish Bremainers there?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Independence itself is one hell of a gamble; for example, you've got a large Sky office at Livingstone and HMRC at Cumbernauld; both would probably have to move south of the border in the event of independence, as would many other companies that have a back office function in Scotland.

On a much more minor point, I wonder if Berwick Rangers would still be allowed to compete in the Scottish football league should independence happen?
              Sky have offices in India, doubt they would move the Livingstone office.

I would certainly open an English company and move my trade there.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Independence itself is one hell of a gamble; for example, you've got a large Sky office at Livingstone and HMRC at Cumbernauld;
                Free Scotland form a decades long strangle hold of Tory rule or keep the Sky office. Decisions decisions...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Not quite sure how they are going to fund it though. I suppose its the Bank of England to the rescue.
                  Banks in London will flock to Edinburgh to pay taxes north of the border.

EU membership and loads of money. Non zero sum game really.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

They are not even asking for another referendum, they are just asking for permission to have one.

This is just a ploy to get people to watch her grind he grievance engine again.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      They are not even asking for another referendum, they are just asking for permission to have one.

Procedure is something the Tories would like to do without. HoL being an example.

Comment

Working...
                      X